Minor niggle.

Only setup today and liking it a lot. Really nice interface and v easy to use.. I think. :-)   The only small thing is I have set Geo-filter to where I Live - manchester UK. Have  updated the firmware and have everything connected ok.  The only thing I can't figure out is how to set the time so as it shows in the system info panel as current time.It shows Router time one hour behind.. where as the logs show time as current time. (have ticked/unticked daylight saving time ect..but no joy. Any other setting?

Also I read somewhere that other VPN's will be supported in the very near future in an update. I currnety use PIA.

Cheers

Geoff

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Very glad to hear you're enjoying the router! Go to Settings > Content Filtering > Schedule, you can change the time zone there and that should set it correctly in System Information.

Yes that's right. Right now the VPN solution applies to the whole router, we'll be replacing this solution with our VPN Hybrid solution which gives you more control on how the VPN is applied.

Hi and welcome. I live near manchester so it is great to see another northerner here :) Remember if you game on a console untick classified games in traffic prioritization and create you own for your console. It just stops anyone in your house on a laptop, pc, tablet or phone who is playing a game from getting priority packets over yours!

B.D

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Very glad to hear you're enjoying the router! Go to Settings > Content Filtering > Schedule, you can change the time zone there and that should set it correctly in System Information.

Yes that's right. Right now the VPN solution applies to the whole router, we'll be replacing this solution with our VPN Hybrid solution which gives you more control on how the VPN is applied.

no...didnt work... still shows as   -   12.14 since boot... uptime,,, 2 hrs..

and router time  -  28th march    12.14   utc

Itime zone is set to london ...    have ticked /  unticked the adjust daylight time....     no change in time..

Hi and welcome. I live near manchester so it is great to see another northerner here :) Remember if you game on a console untick classified games in traffic prioritization and create you own for your console. It just stops anyone in your house on a laptop, pc, tablet or phone who is playing a game from getting priority packets over yours!

B.D

console...... god no... I cant move my fingers that well..always been a  PC gamer....    have been for the last 'x' number of years....   hit 60 on the 17th march  :-)

• Administrators

no...didnt work... still shows as   -   12.14 since boot... uptime,,, 2 hrs..

and router time  -  28th march    12.14   utc

Itime zone is set to london ...    have ticked /  unticked the adjust daylight time....     no change in time..

Give the router a reboot and it should show the correct time.

console...... god no... I cant move my fingers that well..always been a  PC gamer....    have been for the last 'x' number of years....   hit 60 on the 17th march  :-)

you are not alone . im 50 in April and gaming since i was 12. Only thing i can play on consoles is Fifa and Car racing games LOL (or left, right, shoot)

...ahh.. i miss my old Commodore Vic 20....lol!

• Administrators

its still new so there's bound to be issues. but the other features i really love. esp the device manager...reminds me when i worked in IT networking 10 years ago..   :-)

Did you click apply at the bottom of the page when you set the time zone before rebooting?

Did you click apply at the bottom of the page when you set the time zone before rebooting?

yep.... now it shows in the content/scheduling...   current time - wednesday  14th march - 2018 09.48             I'll try reinstall the latest firmware...  just to see.

Current Time: Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 09:48:20

Current Time: Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 09:48:20

Automatically adjust for daylight savings time Current Time: Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 09:48:20

It doesn't make any sense why your date is set 2 weeks ago, can you do a factory reset please then try to set the correct time again

ok.. so I did a factory reset/  the date stayed on the 14th.  the only way I reset it was to select another time zone...apply it..then set it back to london gmt..  It showed the correct time in the content sheduling area... but in the system info panel.   shows 1 hour behind. Daylight hours ticked.   then unticked..same result  

Uptime 08:08:53 up 18 min, load average: 4.37, 4.21, 3.03

Router Time Thu Mar 29 08:08:53 GMT 2018

It's probably because it hasn't realised it's BST now, give it a little while and it should auto update! 

ok..will do...  in the meantime....  had a cpl of incidents where a few of devices..namely lg smart tv.. amazon firetv.. and sky box... all coming through a hub.. plus the wife lap top.. connected via wireless   and my pc.. wired.. all lost internet.. at first i thought it was DNS servers ( I could still ping outside).. so i changed the DNS servers..... rebooted the router./. still the same (. The only way I resolved this issue was to run setup again on the router... this time it ran the speed test (1st time Ive seen results on it)   and completed setup... Everything back top normal  hmmmm.

sytem info still reads....

Router Time Thu Mar 29 17:28:15 UTC 2018

schedule shows    Automatically adjust for daylight savings time       

Current Time: Thursday, Mar 29, 2018 18:33:44   (quick addition edit)

IS system info  time only meant to show it in   ' UTC'  and not local time?   .. that would explain it