Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Router randomly lost internet connection and couldn’t access it

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Gouldin

Gouldin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 09:15 PM
  • LocationCoventry
It is indeed. Don't have any other spare routers at the moment, so the linksys is in use with the xr500 hanging off the back of it while testing for now.
XR500 still falls over. It's my second xr500 as the 1st one chose to never save it's config when it fell over and required setting up from factory settings everytime it was powered off, so there is some improvement I guess.

It's so close to greatness, yet so far away as I can't use a router that requires a daily reboot. Stability should come before any additional features.

Out of interest and for testing, is there an option to disable the duma stack from loading to test if it still falls over when just using the basic netgear portion of the firmware? (I imagine it will still crash as it looks to be the netgear side that falls over)

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Hi Gouldin - there's no way to do this yourself. But you could try disabling QoS (go to Anti-Bufferbloat's advanced options). That effectively disables most of the intensive DumaOS stuff, such as DPI.

See if disabling that solves your problem, but I'd be surprised. This feels far more like a hardware issue. I know they test routers on 100+ devices so it really should be able to handle your setup.

Let us know if it changes after disabling QoS. 

Gouldin

Gouldin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCoventry
Same result unfortunately. Was working brilliantly all day yesterday, then when I woke up it had disconnected the wan port in the middle of the night, tried rebooting via the gui, problem remained.
Powered it off then on again and works fine again.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

Same result unfortunately. Was working brilliantly all day yesterday, then when I woke up it had disconnected the wan port in the middle of the night, tried rebooting via the gui, problem remained.
Powered it off then on again and works fine again.

Was a console connected/did it do an update overnight?

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Gouldin

Gouldin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCoventry
Several ps4's, 2 ps3's a WiiU, around 3 Switches and a few Vitas all on standby.
Already on the latest firmware and auto update is disabled.

Only one of the ps4 consoles is connected via ethernet and I've tried it going directly into xr500 and also a netgear gs108t switch as I figured the router might not like the ps4 going into 100mb Ethernet when it's asleep.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

If you turn them off fully instead of leaving in standby does it work without disconnection?

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Gouldin

Gouldin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCoventry
Sorry, can't test it now. No longer have it.

Cheers for the help over the past couple of months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users