Geo Filter not populating

It seems that with everyday new day comes a new problem with this router. Just got my replacement router and it worked fine for 1 day. Earlier today my anti bufferbloat was not working for my wired connection but working for my wireless and now my geo filter is not populating any info ie, servers, players nothing is coming up while in multiplayer game.

Guest Killhippie

So I did a factory reset and everything seems to be working for the moment. Why is this thing so buggy?

Its a new router thats why and this one is running Netgear firmware and NetdumaOS so doubly complicated. All new routers are generally buggy, its best to wait 6 months for major fixes to be sorted out before buying but we like to have the latest gear so you have to ride the rough with the smooth. The R7800 at release had some horrible bugs with wifi that took 4-5 patches to sort out and that was over quite a few months. This is the way at the bleeding edge of a product launch.

• Netduma Staff

So I did a factory reset and everything seems to be working for the moment. Why is this thing so buggy?

It's great to hear a factory reset solved that. It's still early days for the XR500 - we're working to iron out any bugs like this before new features are implemented. As far as new router launches are concerned, the XR500 has been astoundingly stable and had one of the most thorough testing stages of any Netgear router. If you encounter any more issues just let us know - we're happy to help Deez! :D

• Administrators

I'm still happy to do the 1 on 1 I offered before for the speeds. I would highly recommend updating to this newest version as that should resolve the Geo-Filter issue permanently: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24378-new-xr500-dumaos-upgrade-available-v22110/

Thanks for the responses guys, I feel confidant that the bugs will be worked out it's just frustrating. I updated to that firmware before doing any adjustments. I think I'll just keep the basic settings for now until they workout the bugs. It seems as soon as I start making changes ie, port triggering, reserving ip address for my xbox it starts getting buggy. So I'll just geo filter and mess with my anti bufferbloat sliders and wait for updates. Thanks again for the responses and help, you guys are the reason I'll hang in there and not just get a refund.