Netgear rx500 wont power on

Hey i log in to the router and the was an update so i press the update button and now the router wont turn on it only flash the first light and thats it its been like that for an 1h i restarted but same problem

• Administrators

Hi Jay, not to worry we can recover it. 

Can you tell me how you did the upgrade? Was this using the top right button on the interface or were you in Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and then click Check and allow it to upgrade from there?

• Administrators

If you clear your browsers cache (right click > inspect element > network tab > disable cache ticked > refresh the page) then try to access the interface are you able to? If not I will PM you momentarily with steps to follow.

• Administrators

Looks like you bricked the router..did you attempt to do the update over a LAN line or wireless?

It's fine, all resolved now! It's to do with the update button on the top right of the interface, do not use it for upgrading. It's fixed in the newest version.

it`s always best to upgrade firmware's wired and download the disc image file from there browse and upload the file to the router, by doing this instead of over wifi it will prevent any disconnections between the devices (best practice). Just did mine and all good.