New Firmware V2.2.1.10

I was indeed, Voxel fixed so many out of date packages in that router, it was scary to see netgear at points using a 12 year old version of miniupnd that always sticks in my mind and that was last year, if Voxel had not updated these things that router would have been a security nightmare and no where nearly as good since netgear had not even used the write code for the CPU so it was basically underclocked really. If Netgear are still in control of the GLP and OpenSSL stuff rather than the Netduma team, maybe the guys here should chat with Voxel send him an XR500 and get him on board patching all the stuff like he did on the R7800. I'm just hoping they have this all up to date on this router, maybe I should grab a copy of the XR500 GPL if Netgear have published it and take a peak... then again maybe I shouldn't ;)

Yep he indeed is a legend for what he did and also is still supporting it I believe,I sold mine to my mate and showed him how and only use Voxels firmware , think he would have fun if he had the XR500 and checked the source coding ,GPL, yer I could not believe they were using that 12 year version,also that Qos database got sorted as well,I’ve swapped to the XR500 and seems on par with R7800 ,in fact it’s a R7800 in disguise according to small net forums,I was using the Asus ROG before going with XR ,I’m kind of still undecided and see a few issues which I should be able to tweak,best thing is this router is going to have good support for a long time which is why I’m using it,with the Rog it’s like waiting forever and there plenty of bugs in it still,so here’s hoping the XR will shine through.cheers

• Administrators

I need instructions. my power light is just blinking. I used the button top right hand corner of interface. I’ve followed all instructions on netgear support website still can’t get it

I've sent you a PM. Please follow those instructions carefully.