Random disconnects with wired connection

• Administrators

Installed the firmware last night and noticed it was down this morning. Again, had to power cycle to fix it. 

As above can you do a factory reset to ensure no legacy issues from the previous firmware and see if it continues please

Hi i am a new X500 owner in the UK.  Is it possible I can have the beta firmware?  I too seem to experience physically connected dropouts although I can still access LAN devices when this happens just no internet access but wireless works fine when this happens. 

So I think I'm experiencing the same issue here, I don't own a Xbox however.

My setup.

TalkTalk VDSL router acting as a VDSL modem in Bridge Mode > X500 > CAT6 > Netgear 6 port 1GB Switch upstairs > Desktop my NIC's speed & duplex in device manager is set to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex

Greetings!

New XR500 user from Russia. Been using it for the last couple of months without any issues. As of yesterday I’ve been getting random disconnects from various multiplayer lobbies (WWII, BF1, Battlefront 2).When this happens my XR500 loses connection to my ISP’s modem. Can I get the above firmware?

Thank you

xbox dropped ethernet connection today when i turned it on, PC still works fine.  Restarted the xbox and its back up and running

Im still not convinced thats a router issue might be an xbox issue

edit:

wanted to also note that the network monitor will not load again, rebooting the router is required

• Administrators

xbox dropped ethernet connection today when i turned it on, PC still works fine.  Restarted the xbox and its back up and running

Im still not convinced thats a router issue might be an xbox issue

edit:

wanted to also note that the network monitor will not load again, rebooting the router is required

If everything else was working then that does indicate the firmware has fixed the wider issue and whats left is a console issue

Same problem here with XR500 my wifi connection disconnects constantly can i have access to the firmware ??

Certainly, I've sent you a PM.

Hi Fraser!

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Installed the firmware and no disconnect issues so far.

Cheers

Hi Lushka, welcome to the forum! Great to hear it's being used in Russia! I've sent you the firmware in a PM, hopefully that resolves your issues.

My issue has nothing to do with an xbox, but like a few others I too lose wired connectivity. Looking at logs it is almost always during the DHCP lease change. Happens at completely random times throughout each day. Since the most recent firmware update, as per reading this post, restored to factory and did a clean install of the new firmware and it still disconnected this morning. I have since disabled a few features (also suggest) such as QoS and will continue to see if it happens again. Im curious about this firmware mentioned in previous posts thats suppose to fix this though.. Will update otherwise though. 

The issue might be different in your case. So you loose connection only from one host at the time during lease change? (do you have other devices using the same IP for example  static IP?)

If you reserve IP address on the router or provide static address to the host would it mitigate connectivity issue?

Not sure about the host, i dont have a static IP though as comcast only does that with business accounts. Randomly throughout the day the internet will stop for seconds, enough to disrupt local gameplay and just keep going. And, 10/10 times the log only shows the DHCP release or a variety of dos atks and things like that

I see, that is IP address you acquire from Comcast. Comcast would normally give you IP for 4 days. Does it break every 4 days and do you see ip address switch frequently? Expansion of lease duration should not cause interruption in service.

XR500 works as client in this case with Comcast DHCP service, have you contacted Comcast for the service issues? it might be DHCP Server or might be a modem...

• Administrators

Hi Ruthless and welcome to the forum. Are you just losing wired connections or is your WiFi dropping too? If both, it's likely to be a different issue.

Just wired, and only on my pc. I left a game i play running on my daughters pc that made clear records of the issue ( because im not very tech savvy ) and her pc is on wifi, and the game was still running this morning, when my pc lost connection.

• Administrators

Just wired, and only on my pc. I left a game i play running on my daughters pc that made clear records of the issue ( because im not very tech savvy ) and her pc is on wifi, and the game was still running this morning, when my pc lost connection.

I've PM'd you with a firmware to try

New owner of the XR500. Didn't really notice this issue until i moved my main rig back to my gaming pc. I was having this issue via wifi, and then proceeded to jump back to hardwire thinking that was the issue (even though, the same wifi adapter worked on other pc). Found I was having the issue via wired connection as well. 

This happens when both playing bf4, or simply browsing the web. I'd like to try the beta firmware if possible. 

• Administrators

New owner of the XR500. Didn't really notice this issue until i moved my main rig back to my gaming pc. I was having this issue via wifi, and then proceeded to jump back to hardwire thinking that was the issue (even though, the same wifi adapter worked on other pc). Found I was having the issue via wired connection as well. 

This happens when both playing bf4, or simply browsing the web. I'd like to try the beta firmware if possible. 

Hey, welcome to the forum! I've sent you a PM with the firmware, hopefully that resolves your issue.

Hey, welcome to the forum! I've sent you a PM with the firmware, hopefully that resolves your issue.

Thank you. I saw your pm and replied. I'm going to see if I have time to update it at lunch. I didn't have any issues dropping when I was using my 2200g. However, when i swapped computers and started playing on my 1700, that's when i started to notice the dropping. Both Wifi and hard wired.

So since I'm moving soon, I disconnected the router entirely yesterday and took it to the new place in case the technician needed it. However are reconnecting the router I've had it disconnect on me twice. 

This was after 2 days and no issue.