Random disconnects with wired connection

• Administrators

So thats a firmware problem i get that all the time and here thinking it was the ps4 can i try it 2??

Ive sent you a message :)

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Vilmalith said:

I will be picking up an XR500 today, can I get this beta firmware?  I'd like to start off on a good foot.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Great to hear that, sure, I've sent you a PM with it.

I'm not sure, but xbox one seems to change its ip address every time it reboots. The same is true for instant on mode. So it seems that there is more conflict when setting up manual ip. In case of asus router, ip does not change even if manual ip specification is not done. Firmware v2.3.2.22 v2.3.2.26 Both crashes occur

• Administrators
3 hours ago, bboy486 said:

I'm not sure, but xbox one seems to change its ip address every time it reboots. The same is true for instant on mode. So it seems that there is more conflict when setting up manual ip. In case of asus router, ip does not change even if manual ip specification is not done. Firmware v2.3.2.22 v2.3.2.26 Both crashes occur

Have set a static IP on the Xbox? If yes, what IP address and gateway have you given it?

If not, please could you do so. Once you’ve given your Xbox a static IP it shouldn’t change after a reboot. 

Guest Killhippie
On 8/31/2018 at 5:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've asked Netgear Development for an ETA today so will likely hear back on Monday

Sooner rather than later, I had a complete loss of internet and could not log into the XR500 after the PS4 firmware update this week to 5.56. Thats the second time a PS4 update has taken the XR500 down now, all clients had wifi addresses and wired ones too just no internet even though the light was still white, I had to reboot to login so no logs to grab. this was on 2.3.2.26. A later version I have from Netgear seems more stable.

• Administrators
On 9/3/2018 at 1:13 PM, Killhippie said:

Have we got an ETA from Netgear? Its approaching 3 months since the last official update.

We will check in with NETGEAR on this. We probably won't be able to give an ETA because they, like us, know that giving deadlines on releases tends to do more harm than good. But if we can share a date, we will.

Guest Killhippie

ETA's are hard work, no info leaves people feeling out the loop and saying next week when things can change is not good because people then get their expectations up. It should I would have thought been soon, the R7800 (same pcb pretty much just less flash (NAND) has had a update which sites security, so since this router is of the same family hoping with bugs and disconnects etc Netgear will get it together sooner rather than later. Thanks for the update.

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

ETA's are hard work, no info leaves people feeling out the loop and saying next week when things can change is not good because people then get their expectations up. It should I would have thought been soon, the R7800 (same pcb pretty much just less flash (NAND) has had a update which sites security, so since this router is of the same family hoping with bugs and disconnects etc Netgear will get it together sooner rather than later. Thanks for the update.

Just be damn thankful you dont have a Linksys wrt3200acm like I have. I have Lede installed on it but the original stock version that it came with is still on version 1.0 it has never had an update since it's launch :(    I hate Linksys!