Random disconnects with wired connection

Noticed my XR500 has randomly lost connection for wired devices at random times. Wireless will remain working. 

After a quick unplug of the power cable it was instantly fixed but it seems weird to randomly turn off like that. 

Not sure what the issue is, other than that I've had no issues. 

Side note, is there a reset function on the DumaOS? I can't seem to see or find one anywhere. 

• Administrators

Yes factory reset is in Settings > Administration > Backup Settings, just click erase. I'd recommend that and monitor whether you keep getting disconnects. Anything specific you're doing on the internet at the time?

Do you use IPv6 or PPPoE? 

Sorry I wasn't clear, I don't mean factory reset I mean rebooting. [Found it now]

I'm not doing anything specific, usually watching a video or go to maybe load up a new tab when suddenly everything dies on me. 

Connection type under the IPv6 tab is on auto right now but IPv6 is enabled. Right now DHCP is under my connection type under system info. 

• Administrators

I have the same problem on my XR500, it disconnects my wired connections and uses Wi Fi. Only started Saturday, happened three times now. Only way to correct it is to switch off/on

Please do a factory reset, that should resolve the issue.

Getting the same exact issue as above, have noticed it twice so far today (once this morning and once tonight) both occurrences have happened when the internet hasn't been used for a while, not noticed it when I've been using the internet through a wired device (Xbox or Laptop) but a reboot sorts it out.

Strange thing is, is that I can still access the internet through my laptop even when I've not rebooted the XR500, as I've got the XR500 connected to a BT Smart Hub, its giving me an internal ip address if I was directly connected to the Smart Hub and not connected to the XR500.

I'll do a factory reset though and see if it continues.

• Administrators

Getting the same exact issue as above, have noticed it twice so far today (once this morning and once tonight) both occurrences have happened when the internet hasn't been used for a while, not noticed it when I've been using the internet through a wired device (Xbox or Laptop) but a reboot sorts it out.

Strange thing is, is that I can still access the internet through my laptop even when I've not rebooted the XR500, as I've got the XR500 connected to a BT Smart Hub, its giving me an internal ip address if I was directly connected to the Smart Hub and not connected to the XR500.

I'll do a factory reset though and see if it continues.

Please upgrade to this latest firmware first: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24378-new-xr500-dumaos-upgrade-available-v22110/then do a factory reset and continue to monitor. 

Updated the firmware, done a factory reset, switched the Xbox on this morning and no internet to the Xbox via Ethernet but my phone which is connected wireless was.

Don't have to sign into the internet using PPOE on the XR500 as the XR500 is connected to the BT Smart Hub

Updated the firmware, done a factory reset, switched the Xbox on this morning and no internet to the Xbox via Ethernet but my phone which is connected wireless was.

Don't have to sign into the internet using PPOE on the XR500 as the XR500 is connected to the BT Smart Hub

Go to Settings > Internet Setup, under Connection Mode does it say Dial on Demand? If it does change it to Always On.

• Netduma Staff

I'd recommend trying the suggestion above. Please let us know how it goes :)

• Administrators

Is IPv6 not suggested? 

I'll download the new firmware and see if anything changes. 

No I would recommend disabling for optimum performance.

In future can you make your own topic please as it's confusing to support two people in one topic.

Do other devices have internet via ethernet or is it just the Xbox? 

Try what blues suggested please.

Click Disabled, then click apply

I must be blind, I don't see a disabled option anywhere. 

EDIT: Nevermind found it, didn't realise it was under connection type. 

Firmware is updated and IPv6 is disabled. I'll monitor everything and see how it goes.

Curious though, why should IPv6 be disabled? 

• Administrators

I must be blind, I don't see a disabled option anywhere. 

EDIT: Nevermind found it, didn't realise it was under connection type. 

Firmware is updated and IPv6 is disabled. I'll monitor everything and see how it goes.

Curious though, why should IPv6 be disabled? 

It can confuse some features, e.g. QoS, so best to disable and use IPv4 if you're having issues to play safe

• Administrators

if IPv6 isn't fully supported, then why is it even an option? shouldn't these issues have been worked out before releasing the ability to use it?

IPv6 maybe required by some ISPs so it's good to have it as an option. You can use it but just some features are not compatible atm, they will be compatible soon!

Finished up the factory reset. Just assigning IPs etc and it should be good to go. 

I'll keep you posted. Came home today and my wired devices were down again so it seems to happen randomly. 

Side question, is there any way to completely export all my router settings? Didn't know if that was possible so people could save time. 

Also, is there an R-App for total usage? I know there is one for total packets but I feel like there is one for total usage which I may have missed. 

• Administrators

Great, thanks for letting me know.

This should backup most of your settings: Settings > Administration > Backup Settings > Backup

If you enable Traffic Meter here that should give you total usage: Settings > Monitoring > Traffic Meter