High Priority Traffic Detected when game not playing ?

Just noticed something weird

When im NOT playing any games but AM downloading from the WWW on my Pc.....High Priority Traffic Detected ?

I thought this only activated when "DumaOS Classified Games" box was ticked and the game is being played ? and NOT when im just downloading files...?

So, my downloads are being throttled for no apparent reason....

high_priority_traffic_detected.jpg

antibuffer-float.jpg

That shouldn't be the case at all. Is there a console on in standby mode or by any chance a PC that's been given the device type of a console?

thats the weird thing Fraser. I did in testing, change my pc to a console and them back again to a pc. now its stuck like this... ?

no other devices are in my Geo Filter devices section , just my pc .....

if i was to untick the DumaOS Classified Games box, the light goes out....?

Screenshot_2.jpg

Are you signed into Steam/Xbox on your PC at all? 

nope

was just downloading stuff , tv shows in .mkv is all i was doing. however after downloading those files, the light is still on so i dont know what its detecting as High Priority Traffic...?

...so i thought a reboot would fix it..

unticked "DumaOS classified Games" box and the High Priority Traffic Detected light stayed on for about a minute then turned off ...?

only my Pc is setup as a "Computer" Device in Geo Filter, i removed all other gaming devices (1 other Pc and a ps4, which are turned off anyway)

Seems a reboot is necessary and that some changes made on-the-fly do not work correctly...?

Screenshot_3.jpg

So, after the reboot I waited for 2 minutes and then re-ticked DumaOS Classified Games, this time the light stayed off....?

Screenshot_4.jpg

• Administrators

nope

was just downloading stuff , tv shows in .mkv is all i was doing. however after downloading those files, the light is still on so i dont know what its detecting as High Priority Traffic...?

Are High Priority Packets actually updating? Look on the Network Monitor at your device and click on the bars to filter down and see what its doing

LOL

...so i thought a reboot would fix it...mnnnn nope, got worse lol

unticked "DumaOS classified Games" box and the High Priority Traffic Detected light is still on...? LOL

Screenshot_3.jpg

It can take ~30seconds for it to disappear.

Are High Priority Packets actually updating? Look on the Network Monitor at your device and click on the bars to filter down and see what its doing

It can take ~30seconds for it to disappear.

...only after the reboot was done though

it does seems though a reboot is necessary and that some changes made on-the-fly do not work correctly...? (such as in my case where i had changed an existing device from one type to another and then back again) The router didnt seem to understand that had happened, and only by rebooting did it gather itself..... 

• Administrators

...only after the reboot was done though

it does seems though a reboot is necessary and that some changes made on-the-fly do not work correctly...? (such as in my case where i had changed an existing device from one type to another and then back again) The router didnt seem to understand that had happened, and only by rebooting did it gather itself..... 

If you clicked save it should have done it immediately, it wouldn't have needed a reboot. Is it resolved now though?

If you clicked save it should have done it immediately, it wouldn't have needed a reboot. Is it resolved now though?

click save ? didnt see that as an option ? once you tick or untick, it autosaves itself ...

seems okay after the reboot, but i'm fairly sure some on-the-fly settings arent fully "on-the-fly"...

• Administrators

click save ? didnt see that as an option ? once you tick or untick, it autosaves itself ...

seems okay after the reboot, but i'm fairly sure some on-the-fly settings arent fully "on-the-fly"...

I mean on device manager when you change it's type you click save. What other settings are you referring to that aren't on the fly?

I mean on device manager when you change it's type you click save. What other settings are you referring to that aren't on the fly?

just played wwii for an hour, exited for 15 mins, examined xr500 and the High Priority Traffic Detected light is stuck on again for no reason.

only my pc is on at present.  this is all a bit weird....

update - the router seems to think when im downloading from the internet using Internet Download Manager, that its a DumaOS Classified Game ?

• Administrators

just played wwii for an hour, exited for 15 mins, examined xr500 and the High Priority Traffic Detected light is stuck on again for no reason.

only my pc is on at present.  this is all a bit weird....

update - the router seems to think when im downloading from the internet using Internet Download Manager, that its a DumaOS Classified Game ?

It must be using certain ports or something like that. Thanks for finding out what the cause is so we can look into it!

I’m seeing the opposite ,running my ps4 at the moment playing bf1 with Duma os classified ticked and there is NO red dot in the priority information,hows this not working.

Personally I would like them to add the most popular games to the list, so they can be selected, over having a "all for one" option, like the DumaOS Classified Games option. As that's having a lot of different ports marked as gaming ports. Next thing you know someone is using a non gaming app, and it just happens to be using the same port as one of the "Marked" gaming ports. Now suddenly wrong traffic is being classified as gaming packets.

It a much better option to have people add the current games they're playing, then it minimizes the amount of ports marked for gaming at one time. I have been playing mostly Fortnite myself, and so I have the DumaOS Classified Games option disabled. I added my PS4, with the "Unreal Engine" selected. As that's what Fortnite uses, it's the same as PUBG. So now only when I join a battle royale match, that's the only time my high priority traffic light turns red.

I will say I'm a bit surprised the Netduma guys don't have a "COD" option to use. As Call of Duty is still a popular game to a lot of people. So having a option for it I think is only right. I'm sure they can do some testing with PS4, Xbox, and PC. To see what ports it actively uses while matches are in play, and take them ports, and make it into one option aka "Call of Duty" or "COD".

• Administrators

Personally I would like them to add the most popular games to the list, so they can be selected, over having a "all for one" option, like the DumaOS Classified Games option. As that's having a lot of different ports marked as gaming ports. Next thing you know someone is using a non gaming app, and it just happens to be using the same port as one of the "Marked" gaming ports. Now suddenly wrong traffic is being classified as gaming packets.

It a much better option to have people add the current games they're playing, then it minimizes the amount of ports marked for gaming at one time. I have been playing mostly Fortnite myself, and so I have the DumaOS Classified Games option disabled. I added my PS4, with the "Unreal Engine" selected. As that's what Fortnite uses, it's the same as PUBG. So now only when I join a battle royale match, that's the only time my high priority traffic light turns red.

I will say I'm a bit surprised the Netduma guys don't have a "COD" option to use. As Call of Duty is still a popular game to a lot of people. So having a option for it I think is only right. I'm sure they can do some testing with PS4, Xbox, and PC. To see what ports it actively uses while matches are in play, and take them ports, and make it into one option aka "Call of Duty" or "COD".

It's mostly done with DPI actually so I'm still not sure why Internet Download Manager triggers it. Not sure why it's not there really, probably as not expected that many people play it on PC. We will be adding to the list for sure.

Fraser,

Another thing that needs to be added/modified, is "games console" option. Because once you select it, and the device is added. It shows under service "Xbox". Which can/will be confusing to certain people. As they add this to their playstation, and they likely thinking "What the hell...". If anything there should be at least two "game console" options, PS4/Xbox. I dunno if/how much a demand there's for the Switch, and such.

It's mostly done with DPI actually so I'm still not sure why Internet Download Manager triggers it. Not sure why it's not there really, probably as not expected that many people play it on PC. We will be adding to the list for sure.

Fraser

i ran a port scan while downloading with IDM and these ports were used. Hope info helps. (there may be more ports depending on how many connections IMD uses..?  not sure) - in my test, i told IDM to use 20 connections, but it only used 16 ports , as below....

TCP    192.168.2.100:4039          ESTABLISHED

[iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4040          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4041          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4043         ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4047          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4048          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4049          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4050          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4056          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4057          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4058          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4059         ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4060          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4061          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4062          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4063          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]

WWII uses

Call of Duty - WWII - PC
  • TCP: 3074,27015-27030,27036-27037
  • UDP: 3074,4380,27000-27031,27036

On a second test of IDM, it appears that IDM just uses whatever ports it likes. so its inevitable that at some point it will use ports used by games....?

IDM.jpg

• Administrators

Fraser,

Another thing that needs to be added/modified, is "games console" option. Because once you select it, and the device is added. It shows under service "Xbox". Which can/will be confusing to certain people. As they add this to their playstation, and they likely thinking "What the hell...". If anything there should be at least two "game console" options, PS4/Xbox. I dunno if/how much a demand there's for the Switch, and such.

Yeah it's just a typo right now, it will prioritise more than just Xbox. We'll be resolving that in future.

Fraser

i ran a port scan while downloading with IDM and these ports were used. Hope info helps. (there may be more ports depending on how many connections IMD uses..?  not sure) - in my test, i told IDM to use 20 connections, but it only used 16 ports , as below....

TCP    192.168.2.100:4039          ESTABLISHED

[iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4040          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4041          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4043         ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4047          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4048          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4049          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4050          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4056          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4057          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4058          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4059         ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4060          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4061          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4062          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]
  TCP    192.168.2.100:4063          ESTABLISHED
 [iDMan.exe]

WWII uses

Call of Duty - WWII - PC
  • TCP: 3074,27015-27030,27036-27037
  • UDP: 3074,4380,27000-27031,27036

On a second test of IDM, it appears that IDM just uses whatever ports it likes. so its inevitable that at some point it will use ports used by games....?

IDM.jpg

Thanks for the additional info, I'll try to reproduce it!

I think Xbox must do more background check ins with XBL 

That's the reason I prefer more, and more games being added. Over stuff like "DumaOS Classified Games" and "Game consoles" options. As them options have many marked port's for gaming. So I prefer if I'm playing say call of duty. Adding my console, and selecting the current game I'm actively playing, which in this case would be "COD". I say this as an example as well.... As there currently isn't any "COD/Call of Duty" option to select.

Also this shouldn't be to hard for you guys to do, and add for games. The tricky part is getting access to the games, but once you guys have the games in hand. It will be simple as loading these games up, and playing a couple matches. While grabbing data, seeing what ports are being used, and passing active data while in a match. On top of that, most games use very little data for online matches. So not to hard to see port "5665" is actively passing data at a rate of maybe 5-10KB's max. Again port 5665 was just an example I was using.

I just hope you guys make a bigger list of at least the more popular games, so people can select just the game they're playing if they choose to. Finally I'm not saying "all in one" options like "DumaOS Classified Games" is bad with it's DPI engine. I just know there can be false positives at times, in which traffic that isn't actually gaming data, is being given high priority access.

I know it's likely with something like "DumaOS Classified Games" with the DPI engine involved. It could be classifying high priority traffic based off the ip address the data is being passed to. As it's a known game server, or such. Like the way Geo-Filter works. But that system isn't perfect by any means. However... finding the port's used for each game while in a match, can eliminate a lot of mistakes from happening. Hell a lot of the more popular games, they will post/release the ports they use for gaming traffic, and if they don't list them. As I mentioned above, it isn't to hard to collect data while in a game to find the ports being used.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the feedback Lilstone! I agree, this would be a great feature. For pure simplicity and plug-n-play we put DumaOS classified games together, just to streamline setting up the router. We'll let everyone know what is included whenever we release a firmware update, so keep an eye out :)

• 2 years later...

Buenas tardes equipo, y la luz roja de detección de alta prioridad no se envíe do cuando conecto la ps4 y e probado manual y tampoco, aver si alguien me pudiese ayudar para hacerlo manualmente,, lo e probado manualmente sin exito lo e puesto así 

Source prort.     1- 65535

Internal port.      3074,3074

Es correcto porque no hace nada ni se enchufa la luz ni nada,, gracias y un saludo