My best settings at the moment

In both router and console?

Do you enable all devices in Traffic Prioritization or just select the console you are using like PS4?

1-65535 TCP/UDp on my console.

Now, i'm on automatic MTU.

• 1 year later...
On 4/22/2018 at 7:41 PM, Chive972 said:

1-65535 TCP/UDp on my console.

Now, i'm on automatic MTU.

Chive972 you  have tested to slow your speeds in pvp!!
i have 100 down and 100 up and i set speed to 10 down and 5 up
i have more good gameplay without 70%\70%

Guest Killhippie
On 4/21/2018 at 12:40 AM, XSXS said:

I disable everything that I am not using, even logs that I do not think are needed.  I also disable DDOS protection since I heard that slows the router down.

As for NAT filtering, from my research, I could never find a definite answer on what NAT filtering is googling it but I buddy gave me a good answer. 

I thought at first it was your firewall but I do not think it is.

My buddy gave me the most information on NAT filtering and I believe he is accurate:

Here is what he said it does:

"NAT Filter changes the kind of NAT method the router uses. There are 3 and it's all how the method is used and the IPTables that get implemented with it. FULL CONE NAT is safe however considered by some router MFrs as not as secure as Port Address Retricted or Symmetric NAT. I don't honestly know how all these exactly work, however, NAT is just the translation of your ISP Public IP address WAN side of the router thru the router to the Private IP address on the LAN side of the router. This process is what the Mfrs are using the get traffic across the router from the LAN side to the WAN side. Thus there are these different NAT methods. FULL Cone which is older and not as considered safe by some router Mfrs as Port Address Restricted or Symmetric NAT."

I wouldn't disable DDOS protection, not in this day and age. Some things I do turn off, but they tend to be the USB /Nas type stuff as I don't use that. Logs are useful and once again wont slow your router down. If you are desperate for that much power (gaming uses tiny amounts of bandwidth so does not need massively powerful CPU's) get an old PC and load it up with pfSense. https://www.pfsense.org/.

Your router is the gateway to your LAN, you need its protection and these things really don't slow the router down at all if anything does it would be DumaOS,'s DPI engine.  The SoC's in these routers are fast and having everything wide open for gaming is not what I would advocate, after all who wants thier LAN hacked by a malicious packets  because you left it open like a door.

As to NAT, that's not really the best description of what NAT is for everyday use I would say. NAT does does actually help keep you secure online which is important. NAT routers inherently function as very effective hardware firewalls (although most NAT routers also have basic SPI firewalls too) As a hardware firewall they prevent unsolicited, unexpected, unwanted, or potentially dangerous traffic from the Internet from passing through the router and entering the your private LAN network.

When you have multiple internal computers on the LAN behind the router, the router must know which internal computer should receive each incoming packet of data. Since all incoming packets of data have the same IP address (the single IP address of the router), the only way the router knows which computer should receive the incoming packet is if one of the internal computers on the private LAN first sent data packets out to the source of the returning packets.

Since the NAT router links the internal private network to the Internet, it sees everything sent out to the Internet by the computers on the LAN. It memorizes each outgoing packet's destination IP and port number in an internal connections table and assigns the packet its own IP and one of its own ports for accepting the return traffic. Finally, it records this information, then along with the IP address of the internal machine on the LAN that sent the outgoing packet, in a current connections table.

When any incoming packets arrive at the router from the Internet, the router scans its current connections table to see whether this data is expected by looking for the remote IP and port number in the current connections table. If a match is found, the table entry also tells the router which computer in the private LAN is expecting to receive the incoming traffic from that remote address. So the router re-addresses (translates) the packet to that internal machine and sends it into the LAN.

If the arriving packet does not exactly match traffic that is currently expected by the router, the router figures that it's just unwanted Internet noise and will discard the unsolicited packet of data. So in theory with a NAT router protecting your connection to the Internet even if you only have one computer for instance on the LAN behind the router none of the Internet scanning and other malicious Internet content  can get to your computers or consoles.