R1 Noise?

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the r1 is making some kind of noise coming from somewhere. I haven't dropped it or damaged it in any way, but the best sound to describe it in my own words is uhhh fishing and reeling something in? Also not sure if this is the right term but coil whine? It's hardly noticeable when gaming and having the tv on, but is anyone else experiencing this? I can only hear it when my room is silent.

• Netduma Staff

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the r1 is making some kind of noise coming from somewhere. I haven't dropped it or damaged it in any way, but the best sound to describe it in my own words is uhhh fishing and reeling something in? Also not sure if this is the right term but coil whine? It's hardly noticeable when gaming and having the tv on, but is anyone else experiencing this? I can only hear it when my room is silent.

If you put your ear to it are you certain it's the R1 making this noise? Make sure the R1 isn't in a tight space / getting too hot. It's normal for it to make a sound though it shouldn't be loud.

Its normal they all do,sit in the room in silence run a speedtest on your phone you will here it working

Ah, this is probably what it is. I've never experienced a router making little noise before haha.

If you put your ear to it are you certain it's the R1 making this noise? Make sure the R1 isn't in a tight space / getting too hot. It's normal for it to make a sound though it shouldn't be loud.

Yeah, I'm certain it was the r1, I was trying to find the source of the noise and put my ear by it. Though, it is not a loud noise, rather I can just hear a small ceeeek kind of noise.