Fortnite Servers for Console Gaming...Which is better?

II Z IE IR O II

Been playing Fortnite for about 2 weeks now. I’ve noticed that the PS Network seems better than the Xboxlive servers. The reason why I play with the Live servers is because I’m playing on the One X. 60fps is better on the X compared to the PS 4 Pro. But.....I’ve been noticing my shots register instantly on the PS Network versus Live. Located in Hawaii and my closest server is in California for both systems.

I was talking to someone on Twitch about the PS4 Pro earlier, because he heard I had one and wanted to know if Fortnite was better on the Pro compared to his day one original PS4 as he'd been noticing frame rate issues. I didn't know because I've never played Fortnite, but I looked it up and people have reported supposedly buttery smooth gameplay with Boost Mode on and uncapped frame rate (I'm guessing the latter is a setting in game).

Have you tried that? If you haven't it's worth a shout.

I was talking to someone on Twitch about the PS4 Pro earlier, because he heard I had one and wanted to know if Fortnite was better on the Pro compared to his day one original PS4 as he'd been noticing frame rate issues. I didn't know because I've never played Fortnite, but I looked it up and people have reported supposedly buttery smooth gameplay with Boost Mode on and uncapped frame rate (I'm guessing the latter is a setting in game).

Have you tried that? If you haven't it's worth a shout.

The PS4 Pro is not as smooth as the Xbox One X even with boost mode on.  I'm mainly comparing the 2 network in regards to hit registration.  For me, I find it better on the PS4 network versus Xbox Live.

The PS4 Pro is not as smooth as the Xbox One X even with boost mode on. I'm mainly comparing the 2 network in regards to hit registration. For me, I find it better on the PS4 network versus Xbox Live.

I know, sorry; I forgot to add that I can't comment on servers as I've never heard anyone talk about it on XB1. I've only watched a few mates play on PS4 :D just thought it was weird I saw this thread so soon after reading up on anything to do with Fortnite for the first time so I thought I'd pass it on in case it helped haha

I've been considering getting an XB1 myself so it's interesting to hear about the smoother frame rates. However I've heard quite a few people say CoD, for example, plays better on XBL compared to PSN so I'm wondering how developers handle networking on the same game over different platforms :s