GeoFilter majorly affecting internal LAN Speeds

Hi all.  So I just picked up the XR500 a few days ago and so far pretty happy.  One thing I can't figure out is why the geofiltering affects my LAN speeds.  I have 2 Xbox One consoles.  I put both of them into the geofiltering.  I went to transfer a game over the LAN from one console to another and noticed I couldn't really get past around 35Mb/s between them.  I knew before with my old router I got around 90Mb/s between the two.  I turned off the geofiltering and it instantly went back to "normal" getting around 100Mb/s for the transfer.  Needless to say, I did not turn geofiltering back on.  Why did turning geofiltering on affect this transfer between my two Xbox's and how do I fix it?  Should it really affect internal transfers between two devices that are in geofiltering on my LAN?  Help appreciated.  

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The only reason I can tell that would cause that to happen is if the ports used for transferring games over LAN are covered in the console services for the Geo-Filter but even then I would have thought it would just be blocked instead. Do you see anything blocked appearing on the Geo-Filter when transferring? If yes then please provide me with the ID's so I can whitelist them, that would fix the issue. If not then the solution is to just disable the Geo-Filter when doing a transfer and enabling when actually playing.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The only reason I can tell that would cause that to happen is if the ports used for transferring games over LAN are covered in the console services for the Geo-Filter but even then I would have thought it would just be blocked instead. Do you see anything blocked appearing on the Geo-Filter when transferring? If yes then please provide me with the ID's so I can whitelist them, that would fix the issue. If not then the solution is to just disable the Geo-Filter when doing a transfer and enabling when actually playing.

Thanks for the reply.  I will try it again and see if anything pops up in the router during transfer and let you know.  I didn't think to look while I was actually doing it.  Maybe you can help me out with something else as well.  I tried to contact a few people and they all told me to contact you about registration issue but I can't because it says you can't accept PMs.  Would you be able to start a convo with me privately?  I have a registration issue I need help with.  This is an account I used because I never got registration email for my primary email which I would rather use.  If you can PM me and help me with it, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!