Can we get some more Device Types added to Device Manager ?

Would be nice to have a few more "types" available from the drop-down menu in Device Manager\Device Settings\Device Type....

(+ CCTV , i missed that one. I know "Camera" is there, but just to differentiate perhaps...?)

(& maybe just Streaming Device instead of Media Player, or both...?)

Devices.jpg

Yes we will definitely be doing this. We have the icons done already, we just need to correctly classify them from the start. If you would like to help with that please PM me!

...tried to PM u and got , The member Netduma Fraser cannot receive any new messages

• 9 months later...
  • Administrators

We'll definitely look into this guys and thanks for the feedback. I'm going to move this thread to feedback & new ideas subforum so more can see it. 😊

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was asked for a very long time ago along with the app, in fact is there actually any progress with the app as that was also mentioned over a year ago.Thxs   

Guest Killhippie
17 hours ago, sharpz44 said:

This was asked for a very long time ago along with the app, in fact is there actually any progress with the app as that was also mentioned over a year ago.Thxs   

Yes it was , I remember talking to Jack about that. Well over a year ago, in fact only a few months after the XR500 release, so I'm surprised its a "Interesting idea" to Alex. Then again maybe not so surprised as its probably not on the devs priority list...

Well in fairness the design team doesn't run me through every single idea that's been tossed around. It's likely it was discussed before I got here.

And even if we HAD discussed it, which i'm not saying we have, I might not be able to tell you that we'd discussed it.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well in fairness the design team doesn't run me through every single idea that's been tossed around. It's likely it was discussed before I got here.

And even if we HAD discussed it, which i'm not saying we have, I might not be able to tell you that we'd discussed it.

Great response...... and in all fairness seems like your back is up with the way you have used your english grammer and emphasis on had..... a simple not sure if this will be getting implemented would suffice.    

13 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Also is there any update on any apps or seeing as Netgear use there Nighthawk app would there be a conflict between the two which leads me to believe that there would be,shame Dumo side could not be added to Night hawk app but saying that the app controls more than the XR range.    

55 minutes ago, sharpz44 said:

Great response...... and in all fairness seems like your back is up with the way you have used your english grammer and emphasis on had..... a simple not sure if this will be getting implemented would suffice.    

I actually meant it to be funny but I guess it misfired. Oops.

48 minutes ago, sharpz44 said:

Also is there any update on any apps or seeing as Netgear use there Nighthawk app would there be a conflict between the two which leads me to believe that there would be,shame Dumo side could not be added to Night hawk app but saying that the app controls more than the XR range.    

Yeah that's it, Nighthawk and DumaOS are two separate things. The DumaOS app will control more than just Nighthawks, and the Nighthawk app will control more than just Pro Gaming devices.

I don't think there will be a massive conflict. The Nighthawk app can only control the generic Netgear settings that sit behind DumaOS, whereas the DumaOS app will be able to control the DumaOS features specifically. Hopefully we'll be able to control the Nighthawk specific features as well, because otherwise you'd need two apps.