Personal request/idea for AW

Hey i've got an idea for a feature for the netduma for COD's future and now, as you know there's an idea of lag comp in the game right?Its definately in the game no doubt. Although it's kind of a rumour how it works i'm 99% sure it works of ping/packet speed sent not off actually bandwith throttling so the idea being is a ping increase feature, sounds stupid but hear me out. Kinda of like your jitter dampening feature where you add latency to keep the ping stable, but a option to add let's say.... 40ping to the connection a user has but keep it stable this is the most important part so it's always at that 40ping then a option to change as you please to find the perfect connection, I think this could help cod gamers get that extra edge, but only give it to a few to test first. Let me know what you think.

I doubt Iain would do this as you could set it to 400ms in the lobby when the algorithm checks your ping then turn it off to get 300+ on everyone.

That's not how it works check the hosts ping ingame in a private lobby with 8 players if someone in the game has 300 ping the host ping will spike of course but not by how much you think possiblely 5/10, of course if you're host of the game and then set 300 ping it'll be extremely bad for everyone else of course, but if you dropped it back down Itd be the same as your normal ping, but I get where your coming from, lag comp stops at around 120ms btw, too high and you'd just be lagging like crazy, I just meant it from a comp perspective since I know a lot of netduma owners are comp players

• Netduma Staff

Netduma has always said they are an anti-cheat company. Degrading your connection to gain an advantage is against XBL and PSN TOS so that would probably be an issue. Also, the purpose of the Netduma is to reduce your ping. Adding significant amounts of latency back on would be counterproductive for the Netduma's purpose :)

The 400 was just a hyperthetical to show how it could be abused.

I want the lowest ping possible to the host, it does work with all the old titles well, your fighting a losing battle with AW as it is a law un to itself lol

Ahhhhh I seeeee I got you crossy and yeah AW is stupid, I'll be playing a comp game with all british guys with 10ms ping and one german with 50ms to the host and the german will literally be the god, un killable.

Ahhhhh I seeeee I got you crossy and yeah AW is stupid, I'll be playing a comp game with all british guys with 10ms ping and one german with 50ms to the host and the german will literally be the god, un killable.

That can happen in all Cod's but it is very noticable against a good player a noob and you would not notice.

Since all I play agianst are good players all the time it's crazy noticeable, don't get me wrong I'm considered a warrior with his router strapped to his forehead too but some of the deaths I get make me wanna cry

I can not play AW anymore it is not a cod game in my eyes, SH should be ashamed and so sould Activision for allowing it to have the name cod. first time ever i have given up before the launch of the next, sad sad times haha.

• Netduma Staff

Right. I wouldn't like to play against players abusing the system. We should keep everything fair and transparent.

Yep, I agree with you. At the moment everything is fair but a feature like this could be viewed by many as something that was taking advantage of how the game works :)

Archived