Hello , Im having an issue with UPNP its not triggering any ports although  it used to work at first when i got the router an update maybe screw it up ? Im playing cod on ps4 it used to open port 3074 and 9038. but now nothing and gives me Moderate Nat in cod.

• Administrators

Hi Nasir and welcome to the forum! Could you try this please:

Hard turn off the console. Turn off UPnP and apply, then turn it on and apply then try again please.

if this does not work, you could put the PS4 in DMZ

Also - what is the NAT status on the PS4 itself?

Hi Nasir and welcome to the forum! Could you try this please:

if this does not work, you could put the PS4 in DMZ

Also - what is the NAT status on the PS4 itself?

Im already using the DMZ slot for an other device. ps4 : type 2 cod : moderate

And thanks for the quick reply !

• Administrators

Ok. Could you try the UPNP reset I recommended?

If you’re type 2 NAT then that means the PS4 NAT is open. Are you having any issues connecting to games in CoD itself? The in game NAT reader is not very reliable. 

• Administrators

Im having problems connecting to some players it gives me the error "unable to connect to host"

OK. Let us know if that UPNP reset suggestion I posted above works. Thanks.

• Administrators

Ok, I think a factory reset is the most sensible step now. Instructions here:

https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-XR500-Nighthawk-gaming-router

Remember to put your other console in the DMZ once you've completed the reset. Thanks

Even after doing a complete reset no ports are showing in the upnp. maybe its one of the updates because out of the box it was working perfectly as soon as i do a "test internet connection" on the ps4 i get 9038 port triggered and as soon as i enter the multiplayer lobby it triggers 3074 immediately. And i didnt change any settings it suddenly stopped working.

exact same for me

UPnP appears to be working, but just not showing up anything in the UPnP display page...?

also occasionally seeing some weird port that isnt even open ...? then disappears....

exact same for me

UPnP appears to be working, but just not showing up anything in the UPnP display page...?

also occasionally seeing some weird port that isnt even open ...? then disappears....

For me its not even working and nothing is showing up

Hi Nasir, are you using PPPoE by any chance?

Also if you put your PS4 in the DMZ (Settings > WAN Setup) does that open the NAT for you?

Yes im using PPPoE , just switched the DMZ to the ps4 ip and the Nat showed open. but as i said im using DMZ for another device im having an access point that my main Pc is connected to and i use Dmz to Control the double Nat.

• Administrators

Yes im using PPPoE , just switched the DMZ to the ps4 ip and the Nat showed open. but as i said im using DMZ for another device im having an access point that my main Pc is connected to and i use Dmz to Control the double Nat.

Okay PPPoE will be the cause of the UPnP issue. I have already brought it up to Netgear on Friday.

You don't need to put the AP router in the DMZ as the devices connected to it will appear as though they are directly connected to the XR500, therefore UPnP (which I believe is working, its just a visual issue) will open ports for them as needed.

Okay PPPoE will be the cause of the UPnP issue. I have already brought it up to Netgear on Friday.

You don't need to put the AP router in the DMZ as the devices connected to it will appear as though they are directly connected to the XR500, therefore UPnP (which I believe is working, its just a visual issue) will open ports for them as needed.

It doesn't seem to work in my case because after enabling dmz for ps4 i got open nat without dmz i get moderate. So hopefully it will be fixed in future updates ?

• Administrators

It doesn't seem to work in my case because after enabling dmz for ps4 i got open nat without dmz i get moderate. So hopefully it will be fixed in future updates ?

I let Netgear know as Settings is their domain. I was easily able to reproduce it so I should think they will fix it for a future update yes