Netgear XR500 updates?

I'm curious if the Netgear XR500 will have the same support and updates with DUMAOS like the old R1 when it gets it?

I ordered Netgear XR500 and i will get it tomorrow and am curious if i will get the same support with the software like R1 users. 

• Administrators

Hi Mitja- thanks for ordering and XR500, you’ll love it!

As for same features etc - this will come down to Netgear. We obviously have more flexibility on our own hardware to push out new features but our expectation is both will be very similar, if not the same. The great thing about DumaOS is that if we make a feature for one hardware it works for all

Hi Mitja- thanks for ordering and XR500, you’ll love it!

As for same features etc - this will come down to Netgear. We obviously have more flexibility on our own hardware to push out new features but our expectation is both will be very similar, if not the same. The great thing about DumaOS is that if we make a feature for one hardware it works for all

Thanks for the answer. I hope Netgear is not holding back your updates.

I was still am an early adopter of the R1 and the hardware is just to weak. I know you will push out an R2 in the future but a hope that we who bought an RX500 (its not cheap) will not get left behind. Have a nice evening.