Suggestions Needing to be fixed for XR500

Trueseeker

-Bufferbloat needs to be relooked at to midigate latency while multiple devices are in use.

-the clover to spread out bandwidth seems to make gameplay worse while sharing to all is checked.

- I find that with multiple devices running, unchecking share play helps with mobility in call of duty. Some reason feels like the game plays with a negative NAT when you lower sliders to 70% and adjust clover. It happens regardless if no ones on or 20 people are, the XR500 has ok moments, but seem like QOS needs to be relooked at.

-netduma should add an app to be able to utilize a iPad or iPhone to use dumaos instead of a computer.

• Administrators

Hi Trueseeker,

Thanks for the feedback. 

-Bufferbloat needs to be relooked at to midigate latency while multiple devices are in use.

Anti-Bufferbloat should give you an outstanding result no matter how many devices are in use. Could you explain more what you have found your issue to be?

Also, what are your total bandwidth speeds? Make sure you rerun a speedtest and then check that the correcct speeds are enteered in Anti-Bufferbloat's options as this could be the reason you are not seeing the full effects

-the clover to spread out bandwidth seems to make gameplay worse while sharing to all is checked.

Again, this should not be happening. When share excess is ticked, it means that devices use the bandwidth allocated to them WHEN they need it, otherwise it's shared

- I find that with multiple devices running, unchecking share play helps with mobility in call of duty. Some reason feels like the game plays with a negative NAT when you lower sliders to 70% and adjust clover. It happens regardless if no ones on or 20 people are, the XR500 has ok moments, but seem like QOS needs to be relooked at.

Please provide more information. There should be no gameplay difference between toggling share excess - either setting will allocate bandwidth to the devices that need it (we recommend share excess is ticked)

-netduma should add an app to be able to utilize a iPad or iPhone to use dumaos instead of a computer. 

It works on ipad already when using a browser such as Chrome - please try this. Phone app is being worked on!

Finally - are either of these things set up on your connection:

- PPPoE
- IPv6

Thanks for the quick response, you guys are awesome. I use IPv4 Time Warner Cable, 300 down, 20up, but I usually get 325d and 23up. I play with shared ticked and when multiple devices are steaming latency and the way the controller feels with the sticks feel heavy (stiffer) and player moves slower, I uncheck the shared button and the sticks feel looser and can notice difference in game with player moving faster. I know it’s not placebo cause I’ve tested many routers including AC5300 by ASUS and that thing can’t handle more than 10 devices playing cod competitively. I have your R1 as well, great device just was tired of always having to adjust settings for each different cod or daily play and 2.4 WiFi.

Also I notice when I move beyond 70% on both and down/up to 100%, especially when theirs like 1or 2 devices connected it better games in WW2.

I have my ps4 under console priority and duma games ticked

I only had one problem so far where the XR500 during game booted everything offline and wouldn’t fix itself unless manually hitting the power source, that was after 3 weeks of running smoothly too. It’s a great router, haven’t seen 21ms pings to local servers and 29ms in game pings in a long time. Usually get average 35ms with AC5300.

• Administrators

Great to hear you’re enjoying it!

QoS, and DumaOS in general, is all about finding your favourite settings so if those settings work better for you then that’s good :)

For the reboot issue - just like a computer things can sometimes need a reset. Hopefully it’s all ok now but let us know if you need help with anything.

• 5 weeks later...

Device Management needs a static screen for devices so that we can name them properly.  As it stands, the current wheel display has way too much movement (between offline & online) that you end up clicking on the wrong device half the time.