Is ping really king for COD?

demonchine

Just wondering how many other COD players find better games when they move their geo filter to use a server further away? My closest server pings at 28ms, but get much better games connecting to a 66ms server.

I don't think ping is king even though alot off ppl say it is. I live in Georgia (US) and every game I play on this server is borderline line unplayable. I'm always Insta melted by guys rushing with lmgs or whenever I shoot first and die first.

tbh if your talking WW2 im not shitting on the game but the skill level is VERY small so i notice for me atleast that regardless what connection im playing on the outcome is very lobby based ping will allways be king but maybe your finding easier lobbies changing location but tbh i wouldnt go off changing servers id play on whatever ping is best and go from there.

In my experience, playing on a server with a 18 ms performs worst than a server with 40ms. This goes for bo3 and ww2. If a guy is sitting still, my first 2 or 3 bullets should register when I'm aimed at his chest. However they get the chance to react and shot at me.

In my experience, playing on a server with a 18 ms performs worst than a server with 40ms. This goes for bo3 and ww2. If a guy is sitting still, my first 2 or 3 bullets should register when I'm aimed at his chest. However they get the chance to react and shot at me.

that is known as lag compensation, it sucks, but that is what cod is well known for!

I don't think ping is king even though alot off ppl say it is. I live in Georgia (US) and every game I play on this server is borderline line unplayable. I'm always Insta melted by guys rushing with lmgs or whenever I shoot first and die first.

of course ping is king, it is the lag comp that cod impliments that causes it.

there is a way to counter it, you have to use dns.

Thats still working for ya? Obviously it is cause I've seen your gameplay. I have charter as well and the indiana server and illinios server are just crap. I've been using my ip address as dns. I do good but there are times where the game is unplayable for me. Mainly feels like everyone is a half a second ahead of me.

Than isn't lag comp king? Lag comp>10ms ping. I understand the duma allows for you to shop around for servers which helps some, but if I'm going to continue to be outgunned by lag comp, what's the purpose of using the duma if I play cod exclusively with it?

Than isn't lag comp king? Lag comp>10ms ping. I understand the duma allows for you to shop around for servers which helps some, but if I'm going to continue to be outgunned by lag comp, what's the purpose of using the duma if I play cod exclusively with it?

I think the key is using the duma OS geo filter to find a server that has a good ping for you... not necessarily the lowest.

From what I notice the person with the lowest lag compensation imo is the king (idk if that's the right term) but when you have less lag compensation you tend to see your enemies faster than they see you on their screen. You'll notice because you'll be in there face for like 3 seconds before they notice you or someone will shoot you first, but somehow you manage to own them and I don't mean that by them missing shots on you. You'll also notice that you are amazingly good that match when this happens. Sometimes I've also noticed either one team will completely dominate the other team by many points ahead. (cod ww2)

I believe there's a dedicated server in Georgia if I'm not mistaken? Try connecting to that server and I'd like you to ping it and play on it to see if the rumors of being closer to a dedicated server gives you a huge advantage or not.

lag comp just levels the playing field. So all of the cheap poor mofos can play too. Cause they (the devs) can''t make their $. Either way there has to be lag comp but it's a broken system. For whatever reason every cod which is the only game I really play except for some nhl, has gotten worse. The netduma makes it tolerable but I ain't gonna lie. I've seriously wanted to throw all my shit on lawn or snow cause I've played long enough to know that I'm not supposed to get killed when I do. It's always invisa bullets for me. Like the old silent shot back in the day for snipers. It's lag comp at its worst. I'm seeing someone to late or to early. Cause I'm pretty fast and accurate and I can't even get a frickin shot off. Either way when I first bought duma 3 yrs ago. It worked flawlessly. For ww2 it is total hit or miss. I really think the game is broken. Ping maybe king in every other game but ww2 (which I actually like thats why I torture myself) its just finding a decent lobby. Maybe they need to go back to peer to peer. I don't know. Worked well for me in MW3. I believe they had p2p in that game. Maybe netduma team will work some magic with their new software. But like my Simjc always says no software, router or anything is going to fix a broken game. Sad really. If anyone has magic settings don't hesitate to share! 

10 ms ping! Your lucky my friend!!

My base ping is 50ms. Unfortunately I can't do better than that.  I have awesome games, good games and mediocre games. More or less like everyone else I suppose.

So IMO, NO ping is not king for COD.

It's easy to pick my best game, upload a video and brag about my connection and hardware, but I consider that "cherry picking" AKA the fallacy of incomplete evidence.

My R1 will give me good games 8 out of 10 times and I'm happy with that.

Yes there is a server in Georgia where I live and I ping 10 to 17 ms all the time. I'm not sure how it's leveling the playing field if I have a low ms on my home server but I'm dying to ppl half way around a corner. I understand so form of lag comp is needed but it shouldn't be so thick.

Want to know something else is weird and how I know crap connection is king? Before moving into my house, the apartment I lived in near the college campus had crap internet and I always had high ping. However I was on the other side of stick and constantly melted ppl. This hasn't been the same since moving into my house.

My base ping is 50ms. Unfortunately I can't do better than that. I have awesome games, good games and mediocre games. More or less like everyone else I suppose.

So IMO, NO ping is not king for COD.

It's easy to pick my best game, upload a video and brag about my connection and hardware, but I consider that "cherry picking" AKA the fallacy of incomplete evidence.

My R1 will give me good games 8 out of 10 times and I'm happy with that.

When you say your base ping is 50... Do you mean 50 to your closest COD server, or to google?

Yes there is a server in Georgia where I live and I ping 10 to 17 ms all the time. I'm not sure how it's leveling the playing field if I have a low ms on my home server but I'm dying to ppl half way around a corner. I understand so form of lag comp is needed but it shouldn't be so thick.

Want to know something else is weird and how I know crap connection is king? Before moving into my house, the apartment I lived in near the college campus had crap internet and I always had high ping. However I was on the other side of stick and constantly melted ppl. This hasn't been the same since moving into my house.

What games have you tested on the Georgia server? I know for a fact cod ww2 is strange even with good ping, but on black ops 3 good ping is usually awesome for me.

When you say your base ping is 50... Do you mean 50 to your closest COD server, or to google?

To my closest COD server.

My ping to Google is low (approx 20ms).That's because my "ping 8.8.8.8" requests, hit a server very close to me according to Google Edge Points of Presense.(The map is here).

That's why I believe an Internet Diagnosis Test based on 8.8.8.8 is not always accurate.