Can anyone tell me when the update for Netduma members are going to get the new wifi setup that Netgear has? Or should I sell my Netduma and get the Nighthawk XR500? Thanks

Can anyone tell me when the update for Netduma members are going to get the new wifi setup that Netgear has? Or should I sell my Netduma and get the Nighthawk XR500? Thanks

if you mean the new dumaOS then it will be available to all netduma R1 users on April 18th.

• Administrators

Hi Viper - as Big Dog said, DumaOS will be on the R1 in April. Obviously the Netgear hardware is superior. It has powerful WiFi and also hardware acceleration, which means it can perform QoS at the highest bandwidth speeds. 

Let us know if you have any more questions!

• Administrators

Will the R1 DumaOS upgrade in April be an optional upgrade?

Don't quote me on this as I am not sure so this is what I suspect would occur.

You don't have to upgrade but after a while support for the original R1 software would cease.

Don't quote me on this as I am not sure so this is what I suspect would occur.

You don't have to upgrade but after a while support for the original R1 software would cease.

Quick question rather than making a post, are we going to be able to downgrade to the current firmware on the R1 if we dont like DumaOS?

• Administrators

Quick question rather than making a post, are we going to be able to downgrade to the current firmware on the R1 if we dont like DumaOS?

I don't think that will be possible no. We will make it clear either way in the release post.

Hi Viper - as Big Dog said, DumaOS will be on the R1 in April. Obviously the Netgear hardware is superior. It has powerful WiFi and also hardware acceleration, which means it can perform QoS at the highest bandwidth speeds. 

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Ok ND. Due to my setup, I do alot with wifi. Would you suggest the Netgear over the Netduma? I want the best I can get. Thanks

• Administrators

Yes, the Netgear WiFi is very powerful. Excellent range and bandwidth speeds. It is also dual band WiFi, unlike the R1