just got my xr500

• Administrators

Awesome to hear you've got it! I'd first recommend following the tours for both QoS & the Geo-Filter by clicking on the ? icon next to the top logos when you're on that page. That should get you to grips with using it and show you the recommended settings.

I also just have my one, well yesterday :)

Anyway, re the QOS Anti Bufferbloat bandwidth adjustment ring, my one shows over 45 devices and thus it is impossible to adjust using it.

I also note under Device Manager the choice of device types is very limited and perhaps more could be added and some types could them be automatically excluded from the QOS e.g. Network Switches, Smart Devices, Weather Stations. There does not seem to be a device type even for gadgets like Fire TV / Apple TV's

Not so important but I cannot find where to just see the DHCP clients in a list (except when you add a static IP).

Another question re the QOS, how do you set it if you have several devices that just can't work at the same time needing more than the maximum bandwidth, say perhaps you can use two but not three.

The AntiBloat only seems to let you have the whole 45 clients add up to the total bandwidth. Can you set clients to more or place them in order of importance?

One last minor point (for now), I was setting my one up to replace an existing router using the same WiFi details and I noted my Amazon Echo Show Devices displayed a screen showing the box login details and password plus the Wifi settings.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts / help

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That's been mentioned before, we may need to think of an alternate view so those with many devices can use it more easily. However, on the left you can click the device name and that will open up a panel where you can be more specific with bandwidth allocation.

More device types will be coming, we have the icons already made. We need help classifying the devices so if you would like to help with that please PM me!

Would a list view for Device Manager satisfy that need? 

I'm not sure what you mean. Bandwidth Allocation by default has share excess enabled so all devices can utilise the bandwidth of devices that don't need it. Then Anti-BB ensure that devices do not cause each other to lag.

You can't order importance because there shouldn't be a need to as Anti-BB allows devices to all use the internet without impacting each other.

If I understand correctly it sounds like you saw the login for the interface or you connected it prior to completing the setup wizard and so it redirected the screen to the page in order to finish it so it has internet.

Hi, a list option in device manager I suspect may help.

I expect this has also already been mentioned but the four ethernet port numbers on the back of the router are in the reverse order versus the LED's and the information at Settings / Statistics.

I see also it defaults to connect on demand with a 5 minute timeout (PPPOe Mode). I set my one to always on only to find it did not work at all, on going back to that page to change the setting back I noted the password field was blank. Re-entered it and applied and that works again.

Re my device priority order question.

VDSL Download Speed = 35 Megs

Game load quite low

UHD Video Client 1 = 25 Megs Peak

UHD Video Client 2 = 25 Megs Peak

HD Video Client 3 = 10 Megs Peak

From what I can see in QOS the total of all devices can only equal the value set on the slider so you can't set two devices to 25 Megs or decide which one can watch a video and deny the bandwidth to the other one automatically.

At present I have the sliders at 80% with no changes to device bandwidth up or down and I must admit that does seem to work.

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback. 

Bandwidth Allocation works by giving bandwidth to the devices when they need it, otherwise it’s automatically shared. So you couldn’t allocate more bandwidth than you receive from your ISP. Does that make sense?

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

More device types will be coming, we have the icons already made. We need help classifying the devices so if you would like to help with that please PM me!

Tried to send you a PM and it says you cannot receive any PM at this time.