A couple issues with the xr500...

Hi,

So far my experience with this router has been great, yet i do have a few issues with it which i hope someone on here can address..

1. Once I turn my ps4 off the geo-filtering page still seems to show my ps4 pinging a server, I unchecked auto-ping host but it still happens?? The only way to get around it is if I delete the ps4 from the geo filtering page.  Although it doesnt really make much of a differance its still odd that the router does this, and can be misleading in some regards. I definitely know that my ps4 is correctly turned off due to the ethernet link being down.

2. QOS anti bufferbloat should only come into effect when high priority is detected, yet when ive switched off my ps4 the bandwidth still stays the same as when anti-bufferbloat is applied. Now this issue is very frustrating as I constantly have to change the values back to 100% to get my full speeds.

Regards,

• Administrators

Hi Stealth,

1. Do you have any other devices added to the Geo-Filter devices panel? Do you have the standby mode enabled where it can download when it's 'off'?

2. When you look at Traffic Prioritization is the red light showing up and packets updating? Also my question above it related.

Hi Stealth,

1. Do you have any other devices added to the Geo-Filter devices panel? Do you have the standby mode enabled where it can download when it's 'off'?

2. When you look at Traffic Prioritization is the red light showing up and packets updating? Also my question above it related.

1.  No other devices added to the geo-filter. Only my ps4. Standby mode has been switched off on the ps4. Ive never had it turned on.

2. The red light goes out as soon as my ps4 is turned off, yet the bandwidth still stays capped.

1. Can you provide the ID of the icon that is appearing on your map please.

2. Do you have 'Always' selected instead of 'When high priority traffic detected'?

Seems like a simple re-boot has fixed the issues. All is working as its supposed to now. If it re-occurs ill be sure to note down the server.

Regards,