Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting an A but not an A+ on DSLReports?

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM
  • LocationNear Manchester

just wanted to show the results now my issue with the XR500 is resolved. Just had this game with some netduma friends :)

prLrb5Tl.jpg

Posted Image Posted Image

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Awesome to see that, great game!

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

CAMPER !!!! lol!!

wwii.jpg

Rockets all gone... Mnnnn...Your fooling no-one Kim !!!

rousey

rousey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Big Dog, is that still putting your xr500 behind the r1 or did you find another fix? curious as im struggling to get mine on that sweet spot

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Big Dog, is that still putting your xr500 behind the r1 or did you find another fix? curious as im struggling to get mine on that sweet spot

No mate, I am now R1 free. If you are relying on the dsl reports results then don't as they are flawed as fraser explained why earlier!  My problem was solved as I had misunderstood about the DPI and also traffic priority and how to set it up as I presumed it was done automatically and it does not exactly!!!!! are you using ps4 or xbox?

click qos, then go to traffic prioritization and untick dumaOS classified games........................then click add device, xbox, games console and then apply........same but select ps4 for ps4 console. That should prioritize that device above anything else.

Kf8g75Nl.png

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

That would be a good idea as to be honest the bufferbloat is absolutely useless for me on the XR500. I went 2 - 40 last night in sim's stream. No matter what I did I could not kill anything all evening but as soon as I disabled anti-bufferbloat and put my LEDE router in front of the XR500 to control bufferbloat instead, my bullets were on point. Not really impressed in having to set up my network this way, but I am hoping DPI will have a disable option in a future update.

That annihilation game had nothing to do with bufferbloat mate.

I had about 40 deaths in that same game with you, the highest I've ever experienced in any game of CoD in 10 years. Playing against Benormous is a good way to seriously damage your KD.

But with the exact same settings, only 30 mins earlier, Mr Relentless, Benormous and I, all scored about 25-2.

And the games after that absolute destruction were in the 'normal' range of scoring too.

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

That annihilation game had nothing to do with bufferbloat mate.

I had about 40 deaths in that same game with you, the highest I've ever experienced in any game of CoD in 10 years. Playing against Benormous is a good way to seriously damage your KD.

But with the exact same settings, only 30 mins earlier, Mr Relentless, Benormous and I, all scored about 25-2.

And the games after that absolute destruction were in the 'normal' range of scoring too.

No bud it wasnt just that game, I know black ops 2 don't play too smooth and theres loads of hackers in it. I was on about EVERY game black ops 1, 2, 3, WW2 any game.......ias an example i was aiming through a doorway as i knew someone was approaching  as he came in i fired he still managed to run up to me and knife me and kill me from across the room. for 12 days i was negative on every game I played where as without xr500 I was posative........now I am back to posative again. It is hard to explain unless you actually played from my prospective as it was constant across both consoles i have too. but it has been great since zennons help yesterday!

jreal1007

jreal1007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Local time: 11:57 PM
Hi Big Dog, when I click add device, xbox, games console and then apply........same but select ps4 for ps4 console. I click my PlayStation 4 but the service says Xbox. How do I change that to Sony or PlayStation? It’s not giving me and option and what does “DPI” mean?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Hi Big Dog, when I click add device, xbox, games console and then apply........same but select ps4 for ps4 console. I click my PlayStation 4 but the service says Xbox. How do I change that to Sony or PlayStation? It’s not giving me and option and what does “DPI” mean?

Don't worry about that, it's just a typo. It will prioritise your PS4 just the same. DPI means deep packet inspection. It analyses the packets to determine what it is e.g. a console

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

jreal1007

jreal1007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Ok, will there be a fix for it soon? I feel like the dumOS mainly caters to Xbox and not PlayStation:( also, do I need to mess with advanced settings in “traffic priorities selector?”

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Ok, will there be a fix for it soon? I feel like the dumOS mainly caters to Xbox and not PlayStation:( also, do I need to mess with advanced settings in “traffic priorities selector?”

It caters to both equally, what do you mean you think it caters to Xbox? There will be a fix yes. No need to mess around with ports or anything like that!

Time Converter

jreal1007

jreal1007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
And also I’ve noticed that others can select PlayStation, but I can’t. Is my router broken? Faulty hardware? Idk but I’ve notice that on videos and pics and from what other people are telling me they are able to select it but I cannot;(

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

And also I’ve noticed that others can select PlayStation, but I can’t. Is my router broken? Faulty hardware? Idk but I’ve notice that on videos and pics and from what other people are telling me they are able to select it but I cannot;(

I'm not sure what you mean. If you have a PS4 you select that then on the Geo-Filter it will default to console just the same as Xbox. Then for Traffic Prioritization you select you console (if you've disabled default option) and select the generic games console option. It will show as Xbox but only because its a typo, it will prioritise your PS4 just the same :)

Time Converter

jreal1007

jreal1007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Yes I see what you are talking about, but where it says “service” mines says Xbox and it will not let me change it to PlayStation. I’ve seen on others where it has let them but mines it won’t. It makes me think there is something wrong with my router. It doesn’t seem like a typo if others have PlayStation under where it says service on the selected games

Chive972

Chive972

Member of Globality / Destiny 2 Competitive

• Moderators
  • 2,210 posts
  • Local time: 09:57 AM
  • LocationFrance

Yes I see what you are talking about, but where it says “service” mines says Xbox and it will not let me change it to PlayStation. I’ve seen on others where it has let them but mines it won’t. It makes me think there is something wrong with my router. It doesn’t seem like a typo if others have PlayStation under where it says service on the selected games

I got the same issue: it's just a bug, don't worry about it.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

You select the service 'Games Console' it shows as Xbox when added but it is just a typo. It will prioritise your PlayStation. If you've seen others where thats not the case then its very likely from an old version from before DumaOS Classified Games wasn't an option. There is nothing wrong with the router

Time Converter

MihaiL1804

MihaiL1804

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

You select the service 'Games Console' it shows as Xbox when added but it is just a typo. It will prioritise your PlayStation. If you've seen others where thats not the case then its very likely from an old version from before DumaOS Classified Games wasn't an option. There is nothing wrong with the router

I bought the router in the end. I do not know about others, but I believe mine has a problem. The sliders don't work at all and I realised this after a week. No matter what I do the speed stays at maximum. I rebooted it several times and tried different sliders setting. Any idea?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

I bought the router in the end. I do not know about others, but I believe mine has a problem. The sliders don't work at all and I realised this after a week. No matter what I do the speed stays at maximum. I rebooted it several times and tried different sliders setting. Any idea?

It sounds like you may have it set to Apply 'Never' but most likely you have enabled 'Disable QoS' in Anti-Bufferbloat's settings, is that the case?

Time Converter

MihaiL1804

MihaiL1804

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

It sounds like you may have it set to Apply 'Never' but most likely you have enabled 'Disable QoS' in Anti-Bufferbloat's settings, is that the case?

hey, thanks for the prompt reply. everything is setup correctly: bufferbloat always on, QoS on.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

hey, thanks for the prompt reply. everything is setup correctly: bufferbloat always on, QoS on.

Have you set your bandwidth speeds to be higher than what you actually get when direct to the modem?

Time Converter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users