Getting an A but not an A+ on DSLReports?

• Netduma Staff

Thank you! Yes next time I will! Sometimes I do manage to get A+ on bufferbloat but most of the time its only an A!!!

No worries man. I really wouldn't sweat it - even if that difference was accurate (i.e DSL reports was accurately reporting an A) that's still an A! The difference in terms of gameplay wouldn't actually be noticeable if your ping is stable / low.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi and thank you for your help guys! I have a question! On the dsl reports what are the red bars in the middle of your download & upload?

I believe thats the spikes its implementing throughout the test

• Administrators

So what's more important the average or redbars?

Would just focus on the end Bufferbloat result, though I mentioned in this topic I don't think its a good way to accurately measure your connection.

• Administrators

Okay thank you for your support!! I believe it's better to use pingplotter?

That's right, PingPlotter is the best measure of your connection quality

https://share.pingplotter.com/8QHdSoaJMZ9.png

https://share.pingplotter.com/N9pSsv4mY88.png

need help why all this spikes! sliders are set to 70 both and this is when im playing ww2 xbox 1

Could you create your own support thread in the general support section please? Give as much details as possible: ISP, modem make/model etc. Also include your PingPlotter links.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

mnnn.  this seems to all tie-in with my findings http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24564-geo-filter-problems-on-codww2/?p=179955

Where partially disabling QoS (i.e. Download set to just 10% and Upload set at 100% or OFF! ) seemed to improve bufferbloat ....?

I just tried this and for the first time with this router I achieved an A+ on bufferbloat test.  Will have to see how it works inside games.  The R! was easier to configure in order to get A+.

• Netduma Staff

I just tried this and for the first time with this router I achieved an A+ on bufferbloat test.  Will have to see how it works inside games.  The R! was easier to configure in order to get A+.

Hi Calima, welcome to the forum! Great to hear you got an A+, good stuff. In your opinion, how was the R1 easier for you to configure? Any feedback really helps us and would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have att fiber 1000/1000. I have been playing with the sliders and using DSLReports speed tests and my results turned out both sliders 20/20, I get A+  A  A+. I'm curious as I have read comments saying with such a connection sliders can be up at 90/90. Is it possible my connection just likes the router at 20/20? Does that seem right? I ran ping plotter for the two week trial and ping was basically flatlined except for the one of the last hops to Google. 

• Administrators

Do you not get those results at a higher percentage like 80/80?

The idea of the percentages is to prevent your bandwidth being maxed out, so congestion won’t occur. On a bandwidth of 1000/1000, you only need to take off a small amount to achieve that

I'm doing the DSLReports dance. After speed testing is done I look at the results where you can see the idle download and upload graph. At 20% download and upload I get the A+ A  A+. Anything else and the buffer bloat Is all over the place and I get D, F, C. Call of duty 4 is doing OK but I don't want to try destiny 2 just yet as that is the game that I blew a fuse on the last time I had this router lol

• Administrators

Set Anti-Bufferbloat to 100%. Do you get 1GB speeds? My guess is your ISP is providing you with a lot less, so you have to massively cut it down to get Anti-Bufferbloat down.