Getting an A but not an A+ on DSLReports?

Thank you Fraser. Are there any tests being conducted with DPI disabled on the XR500 just to ensure that packets reach the host/client without inspection? Thanks in advance.

Shikko

• Administrators

Thank you Fraser. Are there any tests being conducted with DPI disabled on the XR500 just to ensure that packets reach the host/client without inspection? Thanks in advance.

Shikko

People have requested a DPI off button essentially so they can test this. A few features will be affected by this so it's something we'll look into carefully.

People have requested a DPI off button essentially so they can test this. A few features will be affected by this so it's something we'll look into carefully.

That would be a good idea as to be honest the bufferbloat is absolutely useless for me on the XR500. I went 2 - 40 last night in sim's stream. No matter what I did I could not kill anything all evening but as soon as I disabled anti-bufferbloat and put my LEDE router in front of the XR500 to control bufferbloat instead, my bullets were on point. Not really impressed in having to set up my network this way, but I am hoping DPI will have a disable option in a future update.

• Administrators

That would be a good idea as to be honest the bufferbloat is absolutely useless for me on the XR500. I went 2 - 40 last night in sim's stream. No matter what I did I could not kill anything all evening but as soon as I disabled anti-bufferbloat and put my LEDE router in front of the XR500 to control bufferbloat instead, my bullets were on point. Not really impressed in having to set up my network this way, but I am hoping DPI will have a disable option in a future update.

Dpi on/off won’t  make a difference to this though - dsl reports is just getting confused and giving a false reading. 

Could you try Anti-Bufferbloat again tonight and see if last night was just a one off? Thanks BD!

Dpi on/off won’t  make a difference to this though - dsl reports is just getting confused and giving a false reading. 

Could you try Anti-Bufferbloat again tonight and see if last night was just a one off? Thanks BD!

I can give it another try. Will play with sliders back at 70/70 but I am conviced theres something not quite right with the qos on the XR500. I will also try with just the netduma R1 tomorrow and then report back. :)

• Administrators

Thanks BD - it’s a highly tested feature so if there is an issue it’s an unusual one and we’d love to get to the bottom of it.

You don’t have IPv6 or PPPoE do you?

Thanks BD - it’s a highly tested feature so if there is an issue it’s an unusual one and we’d love to get to the bottom of it.

You don’t have IPv6 or PPPoE do you?

no matey, i am on talktalk who is auto authentication

it was unplayable again last night with just the XR500 again. Could it be anything to do with the v2.2.0.7rc2 hotfix I am running? 

ive unplugged my xr500 and gone back to the R1 as i know i can drop V2 rockets due to the connection been awesome on pre-emptive 50% down -65 % up on the sliders. just cant get the same connection on xr500.  

• Administrators

it was unplayable again last night with just the XR500 again. Could it be anything to do with the v2.2.0.7rc2 hotfix I am running? 

No that shouldn't effect it at all. Have you done a PingPlotter test with QoS enabled vs disabled when the connection is saturated on the XR500? If not I would recommend doing so. You will see the Anti-Bufferbloat is just as good if not better than the R1.

ive unplugged my xr500 and gone back to the R1 as i know i can drop V2 rockets due to the connection been awesome on pre-emptive 50% down -65 % up on the sliders. just cant get the same connection on xr500.  

From the 1 on 1 we had there is nothing wrong with your XR500 settings, did you change them since I had a look?

No that shouldn't effect it at all. Have you done a PingPlotter test with QoS enabled vs disabled when the connection is saturated on the XR500? If not I would recommend doing so. You will see the Anti-Bufferbloat is just as good if not better than the R1.

From the 1 on 1 we had there is nothing wrong with your XR500 settings, did you change them since I had a look?

hi fraser, nothing has changed i have been in so many lobbies on live stream and quit the game completely due to me getting shredded because of the bullet reg. my shots are on point but they are like 2 shot kills me. even though on my screen i have hit them 4 times plus at close range. a couple of members from this forum have come into my streams and asked how did i die when i shoot them. sometimes i can unload a full magazine into them and the last bullet will kill them. I did a ping plotter test yesterday after stream as it was only a 20minute stream as i 

game. but im losing 75% packets at hop 4 everything else no packet loss? 

Yes I tried it with sliders set at 70 and still aweful hit detection. I was talking to zennon on xbox party chat and have altered my traffic priority to a custom 1 with xbox selected rather than the default dumaOS classified games. I dont think it is a bufferbloat issue rather the DPI causing it. I am running out of things what could be causing it. 

Yes I tried it with sliders set at 70 and still aweful hit detection. I was talking to zennon on xbox party chat and have altered my traffic priority to a custom 1 with xbox selected rather than the default dumaOS classified games. I dont think it is a bufferbloat issue rather the DPI causing it. I am running out of things what could be causing it. 

I would set back up modem > XR500 run a ping plotter while you game and you will see there is no ping fluctuation.

DSLReports is not a good yard stick to test by especially as it is reporting the DPI as a spike when in reality there is no spikes, plus testing locally to destination and back is a true test.

• Administrators

hi fraser, nothing has changed i have been in so many lobbies on live stream and quit the game completely due to me getting shredded because of the bullet reg. my shots are on point but they are like 2 shot kills me. even though on my screen i have hit them 4 times plus at close range. a couple of members from this forum have come into my streams and asked how did i die when i shoot them. sometimes i can unload a full magazine into them and the last bullet will kill them. I did a ping plotter test yesterday after stream as it was only a 20minute stream as i 

game. but im losing 75% packets at hop 4 everything else no packet loss? 

That is not necessarily lag in the traditional sense. Can you include a video snippet of a typical game to show us what you're talking about? We can't diagnose based on gameplay, only on ping but this may help us. Does the graph on PingPlotter show red lines for packet loss? If so that is an ISP issue so you'll definitely need to contact them.

As Zennon said above do the PingPlotter test to see if Anti-Bufferbloat is working or not. Are you actually getting lag or just hit detection? Have you moved your Geo-Filter to force a different server?

On Cod WW2 PS4 is the main game i play. and i will clip a video tonight as i need to go on my twitch past streams.  or i can can record both my gameplay and dumaos dashboard and post you that?

pingplotter the graph at the bottom doesn't show and red lines only the top right hand of the page which shows me the packet loss on hop 4. 

hi fraser, got a major problem. i am trying to run ping plotter and watch a 4k video on youtube with the QoS turned off and the im getting major buffer. could this be the problem? 

as when im live streaming to twitch and youtube and watching the video on youtube that i living streaming and also gaming? could this cause the problems im having?

• Administrators

hi fraser, got a major problem. i am trying to run ping plotter and watch a 4k video on youtube with the QoS turned off and the im getting major buffer. could this be the problem? 

as when im live streaming to twitch and youtube and watching the video on youtube that i living streaming and also gaming? could this cause the problems im having?

That's because you're not running QoS, you're essentially saturating your network which is causing lag. That is expected behaviour when not using QoS. Use QoS and that problem should disappear!

As Zennon said above do the PingPlotter test to see if Anti-Bufferbloat is working or not. Are you actually getting lag or just hit detection? Have you moved your Geo-Filter to force a different server?

I ran a pingplotter with sliders at 70 and started a movie stream and graph was fine, just the usually 2-3ms increase.....so I have put my xr in AP mode behind my R1, connected my xbox to R1 set geo location and had some great games. Zennon was on for a few of them and i got a 38-6 score on 1 of my games. I am at a loss to what it is as my gaming experience was totally different to what it was on the XR...........could it be the hotfix version on my XR?

• Administrators

I ran a pingplotter with sliders at 70 and started a movie stream and graph was fine, just the usually 2-3ms increase.....so I have put my xr in AP mode behind my R1, connected my xbox to R1 set geo location and had some great games. Zennon was on for a few of them and i got a 38-6 score on 1 of my games. I am at a loss to what it is as my gaming experience was totally different to what it was on the XR...........could it be the hotfix version on my XR?

Yeah that just reiterates the point that just because you get a certain grade on DSLReports doesn't mean it's not working. Sounds like it's working optimally. No the hotfix shouldn't affect that at all. Are you getting the same ping as shown by the Geo-Filter on both? If so then there is no reason the XR500 would give a worse experience than the R1.

https://share.pingpl...PJkWS9CSMsT.png

thats what i get with QoS on with a 2 4k videos running in the background with pingplotter

QoS is definitely working otherwise it would have been much worse but there are some small spikes there. It may be that setting to 70% is either too much or too little. Experiment with the percentages to find one that minimises the spikes as much as possible.

Yeah that just reiterates the point that just because you get a certain grade on DSLReports doesn't mean it's not working. Sounds like it's working optimally. No the hotfix shouldn't affect that at all. Are you getting the same ping as shown by the Geo-Filter on both? If so then there is no reason the XR500 would give a worse experience than the R1.

The ping is the same 10 - 12ms when it pings a server. I know what you are saying and you are right, but my experience is different. I am going to play a few games now it is peak time but I am on the same ISP as zennon and hes said they are not prone to network congestion. 

• Administrators

The ping is the same 10 - 12ms when it pings a server. I know what you are saying and you are right, but my experience is different. I am going to play a few games now it is peak time but I am on the same ISP as zennon and hes said they are not prone to network congestion. 

Okay, that or the server you're playing on is the only conclusion of why your experience is not as good. ISP congestion will always be worse during peak times as well.