Upnp problem

same here Sim, i have an IPCam that should be appearing under UPnP but isnt. (plus several devices - i have many)

weirdly , at present te UPnP screen is showing My Pc as using UDP 63250 ... ? yet when i do a "netstat -noa" via cmd prompt, this port is NOT being used by anything ...? but this has been showing on the UPnP screen for a day now.

For days now, the UPnP screen has been empty on my XR500. Its as though UPnP is working but just not displaying the info....? 

to get rid of the "stuck" UPnP entry, i had to reboot router. Now the UPnP screen is empty.. when its shouldnt be....  UPnP seems to be broken for now and hopefully fixed in a future update.

Thanks for the log file, I can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Could you explain your full setup please so I can attempt to reproduce it? E.g. do you have a switch or a router in AP mode behind the XR500 that the console is connected to?

My set up is ,master socket, BT openreach hg612 modem plugged from lan 1 port into internet port of the xr500, then from the xr500 eth port 1 i am wired to ps4, ( Ethernet port 1 on back of xr500 is port 4 on front led display...separate issue) all cables are cat 5e+, no ad block, I have tried using Firefox and chrome, tried Wi-Fi as Well. I have accessed the xr500 interface via 192.168.1.1 and routerlogin.net, have rebooted router and I'm on firmware version 2.2.0.4

• Administrators

My set up is ,master socket, BT openreach hg612 modem plugged from lan 1 port into internet port of the xr500, then from the xr500 eth port 1 i am wired to ps4, ( Ethernet port 1 on back of xr500 is port 4 on front led display...separate issue) all cables are cat 5e+, no ad block, I have tried using Firefox and chrome, tried Wi-Fi as Well. I have accessed the xr500 interface via 192.168.1.1 and routerlogin.net, have rebooted router and I'm on firmware version 2.2.0.4

Interesting, as I'm not able to reproduce it here would you be available today or tomorrow for me to take a look and see if I can gather some more information?

FYI - the latest firmware is 2.2.0.6 (been out for approx 1 month) but it did not cure the upnp problem. I

https://kb.netgear.com/000054462/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-1-0-6

That's 2.1.0.6, 2.2.0.4 is the latest one that people are using. 

Interesting, as I'm not able to reproduce it here would you be available today or tomorrow for me to take a look and see if I can gather some more information?

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx#FirmwareVersion 2.1.0.6

0.4 is not available if you are not aware 

Yeah it's been removed for the moment but it's absolutely fine to be on that version.

they pulled a released firmware...? Do we know why ? 

whats broken on  2.2.0.4 that isnt on 2.1.0.6 ?

Im currently on V2.2.0.4

thanks

• Administrators

they pulled a released firmware...? Do we know why ? 

whats broken on  2.2.0.4 that isnt on 2.1.0.6 ?

Im currently on V2.2.0.4

thanks

There's nothing wrong with the firmware but we want to put out a different one instead fairly soon.

There's nothing wrong with the firmware but we want to put out a different one instead fairly soon.

I`ve not even set mine up yet,still stuck on this oil rig until Monday so will look at it Tuesday,will that firmware be out next week.... Ish

Cheers

cheers Fraser

looking forward to seeing the new firmware's' Changelog....

Yeah sure let me know when is best for you

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

Reset the device to factory settings and reboot it a few times. 

• Administrators

It depends which version you have moved from but if you’re on .0.6 then this shouldn’t be required. Do you remember what exactly was incompatible?

You may need to do a hard refresh on some pages (ctrl + F5)

• 6 months later...

I had given up trying but thought i would give my thread a bump as i still am having issues, the only port i can get to appear in the upnp list is 3659, I am now on the latest firmware 2.3.2.32, I factory reset after upgrading aswell...