Needing to hard reset my router nightly

Hello,

I have had my Netduma for about 2 years and have not experienced issues until the recent weeks.

Lately, it seems every night around 9-11PM my router freezes and I lose connection to the internet (terribly frustrating especially when playing Overwatch, but this will also happen when NOT online gaming.)

I need to unplug and replug the router to get it going again. The router lights stay on, and there is no sound (until I replug it in). The router is in the same place as it has been for 18 months so heating is not an issue.

I have Spectrum internet, 100meg, and am using Motorolla Surfboard SB614 3.0 cable modem.

My playstation 4 is connected via ethernet, but all devices will drop signal until the router is reset.  Terribly frustrating as it is severely costing me in Overwatch unless I remember to hard reset the router before playing.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! So first of all, which version are you on? You should try setting a static IP using the steps below:

- Go to your Modem / ISP hub interface
- Navigate to LAN settings
- Find 'Static IP' or 'IP Reservation' options on the LAN settings page
- Find the Netduma on the list. This can be identified through the WAN IP address shown on the Netduma Device Manager
- Set a static IP for the Netduma (Changing the IP address number is optional and not recommended)

You should also try ticking WiFi Workaround in Settings > Miscellaneous. I would recommend switching the Ethernet cable between the Netduma and your Modem as well.

Please let me know how you get on :)

Funny im seeing this post now as im getting the exact same but its not time limited, will be fine for a few hrs then dead, cant even get into the menu. And that is for all users.