Fortnite Servers

Have played Fortnite on the PS4 recently. I have been unable to get a game on any European servers. Just end up being placed on servers in America. Anyone else have the same problems, or managed to get placed on Uk/European servers and if so how did you do it?

I have the GF turned off, but the only server that shows is in America. I am in the UK

• Netduma Staff

Hi Fraser,

Not looked at the game settings..... So that is a good call!

The ping to the server varies between 140-170ms

And I always use wired

Thanks for letting us know Macca! Fortnite's a tricky one to work out for the Geo-Filter but Fraser is right - there should be a region select option in the game settings where you can select EU.

In terms of using the Geo-Filter for it, there are several servers in each region. You might be able to see where these are and use the filter on a regional basis. Let us know what goes on :D

Thanks for letting us know Macca! Fortnite's a tricky one to work out for the Geo-Filter but Fraser is right - there should be a region select option in the game settings where you can select EU.

In terms of using the Geo-Filter for it, there are several servers in each region. You might be able to see where these are and use the filter on a regional basis. Let us know what goes on :D

Will do! :)

• Netduma Staff

Checked in the settings in the pre game lobby and there is no option for region selection.

Just the usual suspects Audio, controller, etc

Hey Macca, I just found this video on the subject: 

Does that help you out? It looks like one of those settings that can easily be missed :D

Let me know if you can't see it anywhere, maybe the settings vary by region... Which would indeed complicate things!

Hi Jack,

Thanks for that I will try and see if it works. It does look different from the UI I generally get.

But will feedback later :)

Edit. Having watched the video, I can see how to change the region. Just never scrolled that for down the settings options before!

Thanks again

• Netduma Staff

Hi Jack,

Thanks for that I will try and see if it works. It does look different from the UI I generally get.

But will feedback later :)

Edit. Having watched the video, I can see how to change the region. Just never scrolled that for down the settings options before!

Thanks again

That's awesome, I'm glad it helped! So how's your experience now that you've been able to change your region?

That's awesome, I'm glad it helped! So how's your experience now that you've been able to change your region?

My ping has dropped significantly and that the distance to the server has reduced. The European servers are not showing up, it's still coming up as the USA.

But not to worried! :)

• Netduma Staff

My ping has dropped significantly and that the distance to the server has reduced. The European servers are not showing up, it's still coming up as the USA.

But not to worried! :)

Ah nice, good stuff. It's interesting that the European servers aren't showing up - so the Geo-Filter is showing servers in the USA despite having chosen the EU region? Maybe there's some mislocated servers going on!

If you get a chance could you copy the ID's of the American servers you see and let us know the distance and ping to the server? That'd be really useful - we're looking at supporting Fortnite better for the next cloud update. If it's just hassle though don't worry Macca, enjoy your gaming and let us know if you have any other questions :D