Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XR500 and CoD WW2: My findings

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

talbyfish

talbyfish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Local time: 06:07 AM
  • Locationnewcastle upon tyne

I play in the uk, I find better games if I put the geo small circle just above Italy, i ping 40-50ms to this server and get good games.

Most of my games on the UK local server pinging 10ms are unplayable due to the lag comp.

I have tried other servers pinging 100+ but these games are bad. 

40-50ms ping seems to be the sweet spot for me.

redwing497

redwing497

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 01:07 AM
Yep, I'm totally convinced that a super low ping is no good for COD games. My sweet spot is about 25ms, where games are totally fair.

As further support for my findings, I had a game earlier where I was connected to the illinois dedicated server (I'm in NJ). The Geo filter showed the majority of lobby player clustered right around that server, presumably with the lowest ping. I was pinging about 20ms, which is good but maybe was one of the "worst" pings in the room.

I was basically unstoppable. Started the match 14-0. Seemed like I couldn't be killed. Had multiple triple kills and even one quad, finished 30-9 in kill confirmed, my best game so far. Using the Geo filter to eliminate the NJ dedicated server has really helped me out.

vShikko

vShikko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUSA, JPN
There's no sweet spot with southern vultr servers. I get 14-18ms connected ping to Miami and it feels like Im playing a bunch of sweaties with overpowered lag comp. 70ms is the highest I've seen & I get 32ms avg to GA..

Texas servers are even worse.

Please allow some sort of temporary server ban in future updates. So we can fanagle our DumaOS Geo Filter setup properly.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,820 posts

There's no sweet spot with southern vultr servers. I get 14-18ms connected ping to Miami and it feels like Im playing a bunch of sweaties with overpowered lag comp. 70ms is the highest I've seen & I get 32ms avg to GA..

Texas servers are even worse.

Please allow some sort of temporary server ban in future updates. So we can fanagle our DumaOS Geo Filter setup properly.

We've mentioned about temp and perm ban in the past. So you'll likely see them in future versions!

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

xolhid

xolhid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Local time: 12:07 AM

I think there was a misunderstanding and Jack was referring to the Anti-Cheat regarding denying players which if the delay wasn't there could be used to boot players. The only thing with permanently banning dedicated servers is that it could ruin your gaming experience e.g. if you banned too many.

Shouldn't that be up to the user to decide? I think the majority of players would know how to handle such a feature. We can visibly see which servers are bad and ban those, while leaving the rest alone. Permanent ban isn't really a permanent ban if there is an option to remove it from the ban list. If someone bans too many servers, then it should be obvious. If it isn't obvious, then what the hell did they buy the router for? I say give us the feature!

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Shouldn't that be up to the user to decide? I think the majority of players would know how to handle such a feature. We can visibly see which servers are bad and ban those, while leaving the rest alone. Permanent ban isn't really a permanent ban if there is an option to remove it from the ban list. If someone bans too many servers, then it should be obvious. If it isn't obvious, then what the hell did they buy the router for? I say give us the feature!

We're really listening to feedback on this. We hear you!

ugotstretched

ugotstretched

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Redwing im from NJ also and ive figured out how to get great games 80% of the time. Thats with the R1 tho, not having the ping assist on the nighthawk in my opinion makes the software useless. As of now im scratching my head as to how the R1 is superior to the nighthawk. If not helped soon im going back to my R1 and not downloading the new OS, add me if you like, gamertag is ugotstretched. Xbox one

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Redwing im from NJ also and ive figured out how to get great games 80% of the time. Thats with the R1 tho, not having the ping assist on the nighthawk in my opinion makes the software useless. As of now im scratching my head as to how the R1 is superior to the nighthawk. If not helped soon im going back to my R1 and not downloading the new OS, add me if you like, gamertag is ugotstretched. Xbox one

Could you explain why Ping Asisst makes it uselss? Ping assist was designed to be an ‘add on to the Geo-Filter. The fundamental purpose of the Geo-Fter is to limit be distance. 

The XR500 also has hardware acceleration, which means it can perform QoS and Deep Packer Inspection at the highest speeds. It’s seriously beast hardware!

Anyway, Ping Assist will be released soon. 

ugotstretched

ugotstretched

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Useless was a bad use of words. But i rarely used the geo filter radius, i always setup low ping assist. Without the ping assist you still get put in horrendous games with terrible networking players. They just happen to be close

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ
Ok, thanks for clarifying

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

I play in the uk, I find better games if I put the geo small circle just above Italy, i ping 40-50ms to this server and get good games.

Most of my games on the UK local server pinging 10ms are unplayable due to the lag comp.

I have tried other servers pinging 100+ but these games are bad. 

40-50ms ping seems to be the sweet spot for me.

I agree with you completely here. this is exactly what i had to do also. 

Moved my Geo location to mid-Europe, then shrunk the circle radius to EXCLUDE the UK  (where i am)  & Excluded as much of France as possible....

Filtering Mode Enabled (yes for PC)

things much improved for me afterwards ...

WWII has terrible in game lag compensation algorithms !!  (handicapping the low ping gamer's !)

wwii.jpg

Rockets all gone... Mnnnn...Your fooling no-one Kim !!!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,820 posts

I agree with you completely here. this is exactly what i had to do also. 

Moved my Geo location to mid-Europe, then shrunk the circle radius to EXCLUDE the UK  (where i am)  & Excluded as much of France as possible....

Filtering Mode Enabled (yes for PC)

things much improved for me afterwards ...

WWII has terrible in game lag compensation algorithms !!  (handicapping the low ping gamer's !)

Glad to see people are starting to set up the router how it works for them!

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

[IN-GAME LAG COMPENSATION SOLUTION FOR COD WWII PC GAMERS]

Here are my settings that work for me in the UK. (I'm now back to 25-5 KDR ...yay!)

I found a much smoother COD WWII (Pc) game-play experience by changing my Gaming Pc from a Pc to an XBOX in device manager (this is Optional and not totally necessary - both ways work , Pc or as a console), and then adding that as a device in Geo Filter (and QoS at 70/70 sliders)

I noticed a significant improvement in game in terms of ping (40ms is the sweet spot as previously mentioned by another poster)

I have my Geo radius set to EXCLUDE the entire UK (where my IP is hosted) and set it centered to Mid-Europe. (This method should work for everyone , in your own area, as long as you check that your ping to game server is as close to 40ms as you can get (40ms is the "sweet-spot" for COD WWII on PC).

Previously i was connecting to UK servers with a low ping and getting destroyed every game. Low ping in this game is of no benefit, in fact quite the opposite.

[Setup your Geo-Filter settings as below]

GEO.jpg

Additionally, I did use Port Triggering in my setup (im not sure this is totally necessary ... but because it gave me an OPEN NAT i just left it active)

I did notice occasionally that if i wasn't using Port Triggering and just relied on UPnP, I sometimes got a Moderate NAT... with Port Triggering, i get OPEN NAT 100% of the time)

port_triggering.jpg

Ports Used by COD WWI are;

cod_ports.jpg

wwii.jpg

Rockets all gone... Mnnnn...Your fooling no-one Kim !!!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,820 posts

Awesome to hear you found something specific that works for you! I'll also keep it in mind when advising people in the future

Time Converter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users