XR500 and CoD WW2: My findings

Well you're getting a fantastic ping so the router is doing it's job by getting you a low ping. Change QoS to 'Always', you can also filter on CoD PC. Can you do a PingPlotter test by following this guide, one without QoS enabled and one with QoS enabled: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/also do one direct from your modem as well if possible.

great ping yes, total sh1t gameplay ...

Im just off a game there now, I was running around inside a room putting a full 90 round mag into a player, nothing happens to him ....

He has time to put his weapon down, light up a cigarette , pick up his weapon, swap it to secondary, and kill me with one shot. wtf ?

same throughout the game. its as if im 1 full second behind everyone in game....

....that's how bad it is....

I can't see your ping because the pic is small and I can't seem to expand it on my phone, but this thread established that a super low ping is NOT GOOD in this CoD game. Mess with your Geo filter to get dedicated servers outside of your immediate area and I guarantee you that you will have a better experience

Okay well do the tests above and we can diagnose further. It may just be that you want to move your home and force some servers slightly further away from you.

Pingplotter test to www.twitter.co.uk  (only ran it for a minute)

With QoS Enabled

Screenshot_4.png

With QoS Disabled

Screenshot_5.png

• Administrators

Okay well that will be the reason! Your base ping is close to 100ms! If you do one direct from the modem as well you should see the same. I'd double check then inform your ISP because that's pretty bad!

Okay well that will be the reason! Your base ping is close to 100ms! If you do one direct from the modem as well you should see the same. I'd double check then inform your ISP because that's pretty bad!

it would seem www.twitter.co.uk was a bad example to use, i changed it to www.bbc.cio.uk and result was much different....

Screenshot_6.png

• Administrators

Okay that's much better, judging by that you were playing on a server directly on top of you. You couldn't have got a better ping. If it's not playing well then most likely the servers in which case set your filter further into Europe excluding the UK and get a slightly further away one.

Okay that's much better, judging by that you were playing on a server directly on top of you. You couldn't have got a better ping. If it's not playing well then most likely the servers in which case set your filter further into Europe excluding the UK and get a slightly further away one.

how do i exclude the UK ?

Do i just change my Home location to middle of europe ?

Yes exactly then adjust your radius to exclude the UK and include more of Europe

tried a game there with those suggested settings

gameplay horrible as before, worsened actually as the game seemed to be jerky while movine the mouse, few players teleporting about the place and i still am putting full clips into opponents with nothing happening... Think i will return this product and revert back to R7000.

tried everything without success

ps. note the geo circle is empty while im playing COD ... ? 

Screenshot_7.png

• Administrators

You have not switched from Spectating Mode, you need to switch to Filtering Mode as right now you are allowing it to give you any connection the game wants. You've got the same UK server there that you had before.

• Hard turn off the console
  • Switch to Filtering Mode
  • Use the CoD profile on the map and then reduce radius if desired
  • Then boot up the console and game

I guarantee you that the router is not the issue here, its doing exactly as it was designed for. Going back to the R7000 would not benefit your game as much as the XR500. I would offer to do a 1 on 1 with you but from what I can see your settings are fine, the only thing I could possibly suggest from here is:

• Switch to Filtering mode and force the other servers
  • Ensure your console is playing via ethernet
  • Ensure that ALL devices are connected to the XR500, if there are devices connected to the ISP router then the XR500 QoS cannot control all devices

If you show us a clip from your game to show us what you're experiencing that would also help us understand

You have not switched from Spectating Mode, you need to switch to Filtering Mode as right now you are allowing it to give you any connection the game wants. You've got the same UK server there that you had before.

• Hard turn off the console
  • Switch to Filtering Mode
  • Use the CoD profile on the map and then reduce radius if desired
  • Then boot up the console and game

I guarantee you that the router is not the issue here, its doing exactly as it was designed for. Going back to the R7000 would not benefit your game as much as the XR500. I would offer to do a 1 on 1 with you but from what I can see your settings are fine, the only thing I could possibly suggest from here is:

• Switch to Filtering mode and force the other servers
  • Ensure your console is playing via ethernet
  • Ensure that ALL devices are connected to the XR500, if there are devices connected to the ISP router then the XR500 QoS cannot control all devices

If you show us a clip from your game to show us what you're experiencing that would also help us understand

i only play COD on my pc, should i keep the settings you stated above for it ? thanks

Yes definitely, it should only filter the game, not anything else on your PC.

okay just had time to play one game there and things did seem to improve. I will give it a good hammering again tomorrow evening and see if it maintains the improvement.

many thanks

I play in the uk, I find better games if I put the geo small circle just above Italy, i ping 40-50ms to this server and get good games.

Most of my games on the UK local server pinging 10ms are unplayable due to the lag comp.

I have tried other servers pinging 100+ but these games are bad. 

40-50ms ping seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Yep, I'm totally convinced that a super low ping is no good for COD games. My sweet spot is about 25ms, where games are totally fair.

As further support for my findings, I had a game earlier where I was connected to the illinois dedicated server (I'm in NJ). The Geo filter showed the majority of lobby player clustered right around that server, presumably with the lowest ping. I was pinging about 20ms, which is good but maybe was one of the "worst" pings in the room.

I was basically unstoppable. Started the match 14-0. Seemed like I couldn't be killed. Had multiple triple kills and even one quad, finished 30-9 in kill confirmed, my best game so far. Using the Geo filter to eliminate the NJ dedicated server has really helped me out.

There's no sweet spot with southern vultr servers. I get 14-18ms connected ping to Miami and it feels like Im playing a bunch of sweaties with overpowered lag comp. 70ms is the highest I've seen & I get 32ms avg to GA..

Texas servers are even worse.

Please allow some sort of temporary server ban in future updates. So we can fanagle our DumaOS Geo Filter setup properly.

• Administrators

There's no sweet spot with southern vultr servers. I get 14-18ms connected ping to Miami and it feels like Im playing a bunch of sweaties with overpowered lag comp. 70ms is the highest I've seen & I get 32ms avg to GA..

Texas servers are even worse.

Please allow some sort of temporary server ban in future updates. So we can fanagle our DumaOS Geo Filter setup properly.

We've mentioned about temp and perm ban in the past. So you'll likely see them in future versions!

I think there was a misunderstanding and Jack was referring to the Anti-Cheat regarding denying players which if the delay wasn't there could be used to boot players. The only thing with permanently banning dedicated servers is that it could ruin your gaming experience e.g. if you banned too many.

Shouldn't that be up to the user to decide? I think the majority of players would know how to handle such a feature. We can visibly see which servers are bad and ban those, while leaving the rest alone. Permanent ban isn't really a permanent ban if there is an option to remove it from the ban list. If someone bans too many servers, then it should be obvious. If it isn't obvious, then what the hell did they buy the router for? I say give us the feature!

• Administrators

Shouldn't that be up to the user to decide? I think the majority of players would know how to handle such a feature. We can visibly see which servers are bad and ban those, while leaving the rest alone. Permanent ban isn't really a permanent ban if there is an option to remove it from the ban list. If someone bans too many servers, then it should be obvious. If it isn't obvious, then what the hell did they buy the router for? I say give us the feature!

We're really listening to feedback on this. We hear you!

Redwing im from NJ also and ive figured out how to get great games 80% of the time. Thats with the R1 tho, not having the ping assist on the nighthawk in my opinion makes the software useless. As of now im scratching my head as to how the R1 is superior to the nighthawk. If not helped soon im going back to my R1 and not downloading the new OS, add me if you like, gamertag is ugotstretched. Xbox one

• Administrators

Redwing im from NJ also and ive figured out how to get great games 80% of the time. Thats with the R1 tho, not having the ping assist on the nighthawk in my opinion makes the software useless. As of now im scratching my head as to how the R1 is superior to the nighthawk. If not helped soon im going back to my R1 and not downloading the new OS, add me if you like, gamertag is ugotstretched. Xbox one

Could you explain why Ping Asisst makes it uselss? Ping assist was designed to be an ‘add on to the Geo-Filter. The fundamental purpose of the Geo-Fter is to limit be distance. 

The XR500 also has hardware acceleration, which means it can perform QoS and Deep Packer Inspection at the highest speeds. It’s seriously beast hardware!

Anyway, Ping Assist will be released soon. 

Useless was a bad use of words. But i rarely used the geo filter radius, i always setup low ping assist. Without the ping assist you still get put in horrendous games with terrible networking players. They just happen to be close