Geo-Filter not populating

• Administrators

i am having a similar issue , GEO filter does not populate.

All I see is the server , no other players.

fiber 1Gb connection up/down

Xbox one X

When you're in a game you're likely to only see the server as all the players are connected to that rather than you. Does that explain your situation?

Yes that fixed the problem. I set my PC to be an Xbox in Device Manager and re-added to the geofilter. When I load the game I can now see servers and peers and lots of interesting stats.

Hello Netduma team,

I was able to reproduce this behavior. I'm on PC playing Destiny 2 running Duma OS V2.1.0.4.

My question is, its kind of strange that we have to be forced to "tag" our PCs as a console for Geo-Filter to work. Will there be a fix in the future where we do not have to re-classify our PCs as consoles for the geo-filter to work properly?

-JJ

• 10 months later...

I’m on console. I sometimes have servers and stuff not populating on the geofilter as well. For instance, when I’m playing locally it’s connecting me to server on the west coast when I know there’s a closer one on the east coast. 

I notice when it signs me into PS4 network it’s to a server on the west coast.

As you know, I’ve been trying to force my location and play in other areas of the world as well. So, i did have most of the US servers blocked to eliminate the possibility of being matchmaked with the US. Even though, the closest server near me is not populating right now. I’m unable to connect to destiny 2 servers. So, I unblocked all of servers in the US, which are mostly west coast. So, my sorta question is .. when I’m trying to force my location to play in another country .. am I still initially being routed through a US server for destiny services before it sorta restricts my matchmaking to area I have set else where? 

And whether or not this true, should my goal to identify servers in other countries and add them to sign into the PS4 network and/Destiny Services ? If so how? Or could I could I initially be routed to a dedicated server in area I wish to play in? I think I’m making it sound a little confusing. But I think ya know what I’m trying to say..

I was thinking this could also be why I’m trouble finding matches in other countries, if my connection has to be routed through a US server first or something, if I have them blocked as well.. possibly 

• Netduma Staff

In short, you don't need to worry about servers of this nature. Your data isn't being routed through that West Coast server; rather, it's a separate connection being made. Those servers are called 'Authentication' servers, and have no bearing over where your game server will be located. There are players in Europe who still make a connection to US authentication servers before playing online. Your ping to them doesn't impact the game in any way, nor does their location :)

Destiny 2 may have processes to detect your location and connect you based on your region; plenty of games do that, which makes it harder to find a game elsewhere. If you set your radius to the location you're trying to connect to, then reboot the console with Strict Mode on, can you connect there? (Strict Mode is usually not recommended for Destiny 2!)

Well, yes. I’ve followed the steps in strict mode to force my location to start matchmaking then untick. Typically, I was getting an error code if I left it ticked. I’d tried starting matchmaking in a stricked and once I got a player or two in the que I would untick it and it would never find any additional players. So, I would get mongoosed and sometimes I would restart matchmaking strict and untick subsequently afterwards and still not getting a match in some cases where I have found matches in the past, but basically where I’ve seen numerous pings pop up whhile attempting this process in another area. Whereas, I would start the whole process over again where I delete the geofilter, add my console wait, boot up in strict, etc etc.