Geo-Filter not populating

• Netduma Staff

Thank you for sending that, I Installed hotfix and still no dice. Is there no support for PC The Elder Scrolls Online?

Hi, welcome to the forum Delta! Elder Scrolls Online is not directly supported by Filtering Mode, the reason being that you can select a server in the game rather than relying on a matchmaking system. You should still be able to use Spectating Mode to keep track of your connection to the game. There's a couple of things I would recommend doing here:

You should add your PC to Traffic Prioritisation (which can be found at the bottom of the QoS r-app). It could also be beneficial to add the specific port for Elder Scrolls Online to Traffic Prioritisation. You can find a full list of ESO ports here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1133/~/what-ports-do-i-need-to-open-for-the-elder-scrolls-online%3F. You can add individual ports to Traffic Prioritisation by selecting Add Device, choosing your PC and then clicking 'Advanced'.

Traffic Prioritisation is great for ensuring your game traffic never gets caught in a 'queue', preventing lag caused by traffic build-up from occurring. This can really help to reduce lag in games where you can't filter servers.

I would also recommend trying out the Call of Duty profile on the Geo-Filter and ensuring that Spectating Mode is selected on your PC. Do any servers appear when you are playing ESO with this setup? Please let us know how you get on :)

Hello Guys,

So far I've tried the QoS Traffic Prioritization for ESO and it seems to have helped but as for the Geo-Filter I'm still unable to get any servers to pop up under my PC for COD or Destiny service while in Spectating Mode.

• Administrators

Thanks for the update. Could you try this please:

1. Go to Device Manager

2. Click on your gaming PC on the network map

3. On the device details panel that opens, change the device type from PC to PS4

4. Click Save

5. Go to Geo-filter

6. Delete your PC from the Device panel at the top, and then re-add it

7. This time it won’t ask for a service, and will instead be added automatically with ‘console’ as the service

8. You then MUST change the mode to spectating mode. Do not leave it in filtering mode as it will prevent you from joining games and using the Internet

9. Now try playing ESO. Does the server appear this time?

Hello Admin,

Tried steps 1-9 and still no servers popping up. I am curious though... under system information (Logs)  I'm getting this ---> [WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address. wasn't sure if this is good or bad.

• Administrators

Ok, thank you for trying. I’ll pass that question onto the devs as I’m not sure myself, but it shouldn’t effect anything so nothing to worry about. 

We’ll need to test ESO ourselves to try and get it to show on the Geo-Filter. I’ll speak to the devs on this too and report back. 

I think it would help to set up a port triggering rule for ESO...  AKDelta spectating mode will still let people outside of your zone join but only a few inside will pop up.  I'm having that same problem with PUBG, playing it on PC and XB1X tho.  Make sure to switch profiles on the GEO-Filter page every time you switch games.

As for the WLAN error, two things...  Are you playing over wifi and if so, make sure the security protocol is set to wpa2-psk.   Let me know if this helps

I've set up Traffic Prioritization and Port Triggering both have helped substantially now as for the Geo-Filter I am still having a hard time getting any servers make note I'm hard wired.

• Netduma Staff

I've set up Traffic Prioritization and Port Triggering both have helped substantially now as for the Geo-Filter I am still having a hard time getting any servers make note I'm hard wired.

Thanks for letting us know Delta. We'll let you know what we find through testing ESO and I'll see if Fraser has any further advice for you when he's online :)

I'm getting the same issue with the geofilter not populating in Destiny 2 (PC)

Hi Mantrid, welcome to the forum! So when you're playing Destiny 2, do you see any icons at all on the map or just a few? Are you using Spectating Mode or Filtering Mode?

Destiny 2 runs partially on Dedicated Servers, so many of the players you see in-game will not show up on the Geo-Filter map. You should see a Dedicated Server if you are fully zoomed out on the map. Please let us know if you do :)

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the quick response. I see no icons at all using either of the modes and with the map zoomed out.

If you remove your PC from the Geo-Filter added devices, then go to the Device Manager and change your PC to a console instead before re-adding it to the Geo-Filter (with the Console service) do you see any hosts appearing then? Thanks!

Hello Jack

Yes that fixed the problem. I set my PC to be an Xbox in Device Manager and re-added to the geofilter. When I load the game I can now see servers and peers and lots of interesting stats.

To double-check I reset back to a PC and repeated and no servers or peers were shown. Would the geofilter still be working but just no visible info? 

Thanks for the help.

• Netduma Staff

Hello Jack

Yes that fixed the problem. I set my PC to be an Xbox in Device Manager and re-added to the geofilter. When I load the game I can now see servers and peers and lots of interesting stats.

To double-check I reset back to a PC and repeated and no servers or peers were shown. Would the geofilter still be working but just no visible info? 

Thanks for the help.

That's great to hear, I'm glad that sorted it and we've found the cause. You should be able to keep it on Filtering Mode with no problems with that setup.

I don't think the Geo-Filter would have been working properly with it added as a PC so I'd definitely recommend keeping that setup!

Please let us know if you have any more questions and we'll be happy to help :)

I just got a XR500 running firmware 2.1.0.6 and playing PUBG PC version, seems the Geo-Filter is not working, it cannot detect the server on the map and sometime, it can detect for the first time, then the ping graph not refresh anymore.

I have added my PC to the device list and from the counter, the PUBG traffic is recognized as high priority which i think the router could identify my PUBG traffic.

• Netduma Staff

I just got a XR500 running firmware 2.1.0.6 and playing PUBG PC version, seems the Geo-Filter is not working, it cannot detect the server on the map and sometime, it can detect for the first time, then the ping graph not refresh anymore.

I have added my PC to the device list and from the counter, the PUBG traffic is recognized as high priority which i think the router could identify my PUBG traffic.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

First off let's make sure your settings are correct. I would recommend removing your PC from the Geo-Filter added devices before adding it again and selecting the Unreal Engine service. This should automatically set the PC to Spectating Mode, so make sure that is the case.

The Ping Graph will not 'refresh' if it is pinned to the Dashboard. This will be a feature coming soon - if you want to check your ping to the host make sure to use the Ping Graph on the Geo-Filter page. On the Geo-Filter page (when you are fully zoomed out on the Geo-Filter map) do you see icons appearing when you are searching / joining a game?

Hi Jack, thanks for your quick response. Tried removing the PC from Geo-Filter, rebooting the router then add back again and select Unreal Engine service, verified the PC is in Spectating Mode, but still same result, there is no server appear in the Geo-Filter map.