Am I suppose to geo filter further away?

I'm a recently new xr500 owner so don't shoot if this has already been covered. The issue i'm having is I live close to Atlanta,GA and every time i play on the call of duty ww2 server, i'm still behind in the gunfights. I'm constantly pinging the Atlanta server at 16ms yet i feel like it might as well be 200ms. If i'm doing something wrong by playing near my home please advise and thank you in advance.

I'm a recently new xr500 owner so don't shoot if this has already been covered. The issue i'm having is I live close to Atlanta,GA and every time i play on the call of duty ww2 server, i'm still behind in the gunfights. I'm constantly pinging the Atlanta server at 16ms yet i feel like it might as well be 200ms. If i'm doing something wrong by playing near my home please advise and thank you in advance.

Some banks of servers seem to play better than others, you could try and force a server in a different location excluding the GA server bank from your radius and see how you get on.

To force a server:

Move your home location on the geofilter

Make sure strict mode is enabled

Disable the geofilter

Fully shut down then reboot your console

Launch the game

Enable geofilter

Search for a game

When forcing a server in a different location search ti

• Administrators

Hi GeorgiaGuy - welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have the best connection possible, but it’s worth eliminating any potential problems. Please could you:

1. Follow Blues’ Advice above
  2. Make sure you are playing on a wired connection
  3. On QoS, set download and upload Anti-Bufferbloat to 70% on each, and the mode to ‘High Priority Traffic Detected’

That will minimise all causes of lag. 

Thanka. 

Thanks for the responses guys just wanted to give an update and also ask one more question. Last night I played around with the geo filter and found the further I went to the west coast, the better the connection felt. This seems odd considering my ping to those servers was anywhere from 59ms - 89ms. I guess low ping is not king in ww2 because when I hit the southern California sever I felt as if I was 2 seconds ahead. I did want to touch base about the 70 percent qos that was suggested. I only have dsl 25 mbps down and 1.5mbps upload. With that being said should I still set qos at 70 percent? This connection is for gaming only as we have low tier business class cable internet for the rest of our household electronics.

• Administrators

Well the beauty of the router is it gives you control to mess around with settings and find what works best for you, so if you're happy with your settings that's great! Yes I would still suggest 70% for QoS