DNS Setting Question

Hi Team

When I set a DNS in WAN or LAN then run DNS Bench or checking in ipconfig /all.  IP of the DUMA is all that is shown (192.168.88.1)

Is this correct with it using the set DNS in the back ground or am I missing something?

In your opinion are there any real gains to be made messing with the DNS, out side of leaving it on auto?

post-6803-0-38281700-1519557196_thumb.png

Hi Team

When I set a DNS in WAN or LAN then run DNS Bench or checking in ipconfig /all. IP of the DUMA is all that is shown (192.168.88.1)

Is this correct with it using the set DNS in the back ground or am I missing something?

In your opinion are there any real gains to be made messing with the DNS, out side of leaving it on auto?

AFAIK seeing your default gateway (192.168.88.1 in the R1's case) is another way of saying you're using your ISP's default DNS. If it's saying 1ms for that you're probably best off on auto :)

I ran a Google Benchmark once and my default gateway was best, while another of my ISP's DNS servers (apparently they have dozens according to Google searches) was second fastest.

• Administrators

9 out of 10 times it is always best to use your isp dns. I have tried different dns servers including open dns and noticed no difference regarding game play!

B.D

Agreed. Almost always there is no need to change your DNS, especially for gaming!

Hi Team

When I set a DNS in WAN or LAN then run DNS Bench or checking in ipconfig /all.  IP of the DUMA is all that is shown (192.168.88.1)

Yes, use your isp's dns and google in the secondary. It definitely works better for me. Type ip chicken in google and it will come up if you don't know what it is.