Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with Party Chat.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

lilstone87

lilstone87

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Local time: 02:48 AM
  • LocationVirginia

Well the 3074 port you mentioned, is more of a ported used for games on console. Not party chat itself. On PS4, normally ports 9304-9309 will be used for communication between you, and friends while in a PS4 party chat.

4442561987.png

vShikko

vShikko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Local time: 07:48 AM
  • LocationUSA, JPN
lilstone87, do you have those ports 9304-9309 triggered/forwarded to tcp/udp? And do those help you with party chat?

I found that if I enable Geo-Filter in a party chat it kills my chat session and gives me a NAT error to everyone in the chat and it forces me to leave. Once I disable ps4 on geo filter, starting a chat party works again. I don't understand what ports conflict with geo-filtering & party chat?

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

lilstone87, do you have those ports 9304-9309 triggered/forwarded to tcp/udp? And do those help you with party chat?

I found that if I enable Geo-Filter in a party chat it kills my chat session and gives me a NAT error to everyone in the chat and it forces me to leave. Once I disable ps4 on geo filter, starting a chat party works again. I don't understand what ports conflict with geo-filtering & party chat?

I think with the hotfix you installed earlier the Geo-Filter should be ok now. If not, make sure you expand your radius to the world when go to join the party, and then allow any icons that appear on your map.

I recommend you do not add any port forwarding rules, just let UPNP do it automatically for you.

vShikko

vShikko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUSA, JPN
Thanks again Admin! Sim's walkthrough was a lot of help as well.

lilstone87

lilstone87

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Local time: 02:48 AM
  • LocationVirginia

I normally just run UPnP on my router, which will automatically open these ports when you're using party chat.

4442561987.png

vShikko

vShikko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUSA, JPN
Good look lilstone. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users