Help with Party Chat.

• 1 year later...

I was wondering if I could get some assistance also. I am experiencing this issue also. I tried what the OP did but it is not working now. What is weird is that it was working yesterday, however, today it is not. Nothing changed and all I did was shut down my ps4.

16 hours ago, Mike978 said:

I was wondering if I could get some assistance also. I am experiencing this issue also. I tried what the OP did but it is not working now. What is weird is that it was working yesterday, however, today it is not. Nothing changed and all I did was shut down my ps4.

Well what the OP did worked a year ago, might not work now. 

Go to the Geo-Filter, open the side menu and press FLUSH CLOUD. I have recently pushed out an update that whitelists the servers required for PSN party chat to function.

Unless you're talking about Xbox party chat? You never specified.

Hello Alex, Yes I was referring to PSN. I also just tried the FLUSH CLOUD as you stated and it still did not work. One thing I wanted to note is that PSN chat still works with fortnite playing but not COD MW. Also, I do not have my ps4 listed as a device for geo-filtering.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Mike978 said:

Hello Alex, Yes I was referring to PSN. I also just tried the FLUSH CLOUD as you stated and it still did not work. One thing I wanted to note is that PSN chat still works with fortnite playing but not COD MW. Also, I do not have my ps4 listed as a device for geo-filtering.

Do you see anything blocked on the Geo-Filter when it doesn't work? Have you added the friends that you're trying to chat with to your Geo-Filter allow list? Is it the same people you're trying to talk to in chat across both games? If you stay in the chat and go from one game to the other what happens then?

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, mohamedej said:

Hello, @Netduma Fraser is there any solution yet for the PSN Headset party to work while geo-filter is turned on? I can't hear anything and nobody can hear me.

The only solution right now is to manually whitelist any PSN servers you see, and whitelist anybody in your party.

12 hours ago, mohamedej said:

Sorry for the ignorance but what does whitelist mean?

Oh sorry it's another word for choosing to manually ALLOW servers. You have an Allow/Deny list under Geo-Filter.

Whitelisting is also something we can do from our end. Servers that are necessary for functionality of the game are permanently whitelisted by us.

Thank god for this thread. Been having major issues in ps4 party chats, where I don’t fully join (flashing speaker icon). I’ve turned off strict mode and auto ping. So I just need to add my mates as they join to the whitelist, then I can turn strict and auto ping back on?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, harrispcarl said:

Thank god for this thread. Been having major issues in ps4 party chats, where I don’t fully join (flashing speaker icon). I’ve turned off strict mode and auto ping. So I just need to add my mates as they join to the whitelist, then I can turn strict and auto ping back on?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes that is exactly right! Just in case you or anyone else isn't aware our knowledge base can be found here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/home it includes articles on issues like this that you might find and how to resolve them.