Still getting Lag

• Administrators

Great thanks Kahari, I've added this to my list to be added in the next cloud update.

Edit: I've just checked these ID's, they are not that far away from you that would lead to a massive increase of ping (2/3 are in Illinois). I suspect you have an issue with your ISP. What modem model do you have? Also could you follow this guide and run the test direct from your modem please and post the results here. http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

Thanks for the reply. I have a Arris Gateway Modem Model TG1682G. (Standard Modem for XFINITY)

I will give your suggestion a try and post the results to the forum link you provided. I saw someone post something last night with an almost identical problem that I’ve been experiencing as well. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I have a Arris Gateway Modem Model TG1682G. (Standard Modem for XFINITY)

I will give your suggestion a try and post the results to the forum link you provided. I saw someone post something last night with an almost identical problem that I’ve been experiencing as well. Thanks!

Your modem uses the Intel Puma 6 chipset, it has major issues with jitter, that will be what is causing your issue. 

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/11/intel_puma_6_arris/

Other forum users recommend the TP-Link TC-7610 as a replacement if it is compatible with your ISP.

• Netduma Staff

Question, with a new modem (which I just purchased the TC-7610) will I need to completely reconfigure my XR500?

The settings won't change on the XR500 when you connect a new modem. It should essentially should be just plug and play :)

• Administrators

Should I add port numbers for the game I’m playing to the XR500 router?

If you're talking about port forwarding there is no need to do so if you already have an open NAT.

If you're talking about Traffic Prioritization you also do not need to do this because as long as DumaOS Classified Games is enabled it will prioritise your consoles by default.

• Administrators

Update: Well it was good while it lasted, but I just had a MASSIVE ping spike from 23-145. Yellow bar in WW2.

It still could be the ISP, can you do the PingPlotter test direct from modem and post the results here please.

Ok i figured out how to upload the image, but I'm not sure how to run the test directly from the modem. Since I'm using the TC i just bought it requires a router to get online. Not sure how to exactly. I'll run another test once you respond.

• Administrators

Ok i figured out how to upload the image, but I'm not sure how to run the test directly from the modem. Since I'm using the TC i just bought it requires a router to get online. Not sure how to exactly. I'll run another test once you respond.

Plug an ethernet cable from your PC into the yellow LAN port on the back. You will only get the internet on that PC which is perfect for the test as nothing else can influence it. Once you've done the test then you can connect back the router so other devices have internet.

• Administrators

Okay so there are some minor spikes and then it raises even higher and stays on that higher ping. I'd be interested to see a longer plot to see if this is common or not, would you be able to do that?

When do you usually play games? Is it during peak times or more around the time you did the test?

• Administrators

Peak times normally. I can run another test whenever and for however long. Just let me know how long and when. Thx

Okay can you do the same, direct from the modem at peak time please. If possible could you do 20 minutes?