pppoe dhcp.

hi can someone please  help me with best setting for pppoe  (new to this )  i have dynamic ip 

and separate modem  thats been difficult  to achieve pppoe but good now connected 40/10   ping test results TERRABLE    

i have standard firwall on modem hg612 on ,, the pppoe in R1 is connected are there any Lan or DHCP

settings on address allocation i could use to secure further 

have ps4 wired to duma 

im new to routing networks .

i will take it you are in the UK. It all depends on what your isp is as to howq you set up the R1.

if you are bt infinity then your pppoe login is username:   [email protected] with a password of anything you like.

If you are sky then it is more complicated.

1 word of advice which is important...................................Do not turn off your hg612 or even disconnect it from the phone socket as doing so will trigger DLM unless you follow a certain protocol  and will impose restrictions on your ping aswell as speeds for a period of 9 - 11 days.  you can reboot or swap routers as often as you want, but not the modem!

7028103073.png  29642350.png

• Netduma Staff

hi can someone please  help me with best setting for pppoe  (new to this )  i have dynamic ip 

and separate modem  thats been difficult  to achieve pppoe but good now connected 40/10   ping test results TERRABLE    

i have standard firwall on modem hg612 on ,, the pppoe in R1 is connected are there any Lan or DHCP

settings on address allocation i could use to secure further 

have ps4 wired to duma 

im new to routing networks .

Please don't make multiple threads on similar issues - it makes it more difficult to keep track of what we've already tried to solve your issues :)

Big Dog has given some great advice above, though we do need to know which ISP you're with. BT are very easy when it comes to setting up PPPoE so hopefully you're with them, but do let us know.

i will take it you are in the UK. It all depends on what your isp is as to howq you set up the R1.

if you are bt infinity then your pppoe login is username:   [email protected] with a password of anything you like.

If you are sky then it is more complicated.

1 word of advice which is important...................................Do not turn off your hg612 or even disconnect it from the phone socket as doing so will trigger DLM unless you follow a certain protocol  and will impose restrictions on your ping aswell as speeds for a period of 9 - 11 days.  you can reboot or swap routers as often as you want, but not the modem!

ok   jack   Sorry just getting massively frustrated i understand  :blink: !

Hey   thanks alot big dog  True yes DLM   read this or have you already http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/DLM.htm#MTBE

UK  im now with pulse8  10/40  from virgin cable     so still using cable for gaming as i cannot get ps4 to sine in  to psn with my new static ips ""now the dumar1 is not showing its hosting filtering  "" WTF gui host filtering not working is this a known issue 

, being a simple pppoe settings in duma fine its handling internet but failing on NAT and PSN my account .  ps4 is wired to dumar1  

how do i allocate the ip it should be automatic with isp details filled in @puls8broadband.co.uk /password , all good but not for ps4.grrr

Am i being refused  psn entry because my static ip is not public ? this is driving me bonkers so i then revert back to virgin media box ,,  :( for gaming confusing my psn account i would imagine probly think im ddos attack so  my isp out  just an idea 

all new to me hg612, dumar1 . the hg612 is now stable , i have had the 4 or 5 different start up modes as when i was installing new software i did lots of start stops  lots .

pulse8 DSL sync 34890+ sync 10903+

~ DLM reset

With adsl/adsl2+ products, its possible for the ISP to reset the DLM.

For NGA products (Fibre) then the ISP cannot perform a reset and this can only be done by a BT Openreach engineer after clearance of a line fault.

post-26670-0-46635400-1519250265_thumb.png

looks like interleaving kicked in   i mean  ive had this on and of  more times than you know what!  messing around all week 

i have been talked through the various MO xx.gif a i learn on the job .  i have the XR500 arriving next week so hope life gets simpler again .prob not.

Re: HG612 echolife 3b
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »

Not sure what you are trying to do with the HG612 but you appear to  (well mate i want to trough it at the wall.!!! 

A Huawei HG612 responds to its reset button as follows -- 
1) When powered up, a press and release of the reset button will initiate a device reboot.
2) When powered up, a press, hold for an excess of (say) ten second and release of the reset button will revert the device to its default configuration and initiate a device reboot.
3) When powered down, a press and hold whilst powering up the device, then release the button will allow access to the boot loader firmware update page at 192.168.1.1 via the LAN2 port.

• Netduma Staff

The Geo-Filter should be functioning again - we were releasing a major cloud update last night which caused the issue. Hopefully you can load that page again.

If you can't, please follow these steps:

Disable Bleeding Edge & Auto cloud (in Settings > Miscellaneous) then manually select cloud servers:
Whitelist: 42
Game Server: 40
Map: 28
The Geo-Filter will not be impacted. Enable Auto Cloud and Bleeding Edge afterwards and allow 4 hours for these changes to propagate.

If you have a failed NAT type, do you have UPnP enabled or port forwarding? Try enabling UPnP in Settings > UPnP (NOT in Settings > Miscellaneous) and make sure Port Forwarding is disabled. Then ensure UPnP and Port Forwarding aren't enabled on your modem. Please let us know if this helps :)

thanks jack i  good to hear update 

Disable Bleeding Edge & Auto cloud (in Settings > Miscellaneous 

cant yet  

i cannot access any cloud settings  as this is not loading

i think i have UPnP enabled in modem  & R1  /no port forwarding . in either looking ....for proper set up in hg612  as pppoe modem .

TIf you have a failed NAT type, do you have UPnP enabled or port forwarding? Try enabling UPnP in Settings > UPnP (NOT in Settings > Miscellaneous) and make sure Port Forwarding is disabled. Then ensure UPnP and Port Forwarding aren't enabled on your modem. Please let us know if this helps  :)

trying now    im unable to use the R1 with my new isp  so far  for gamming   just  the  www. :huh:

hey jack  i cannot acess these atall i have reboot reset .  i shall i turn of r1 for time 
If you can't, please follow these steps:
Disable Bleeding Edge & Auto cloud (in Settings > Miscellaneous) then manually select cloud servers:
The Geo-Filter will not be impacted. Enable Auto Cloud and Bleeding Edge afterwards and allow 4 hours for these changes to propagate.

post-26670-0-24928600-1519304255.png

have tried all suggestions  still no cloud settings , arfter long unplug and reboot and reset ??   

f you can't, please follow these steps:
Disable Bleeding Edge & Auto cloud (in Settings > Miscellaneous) then manually select cloud servers:   cannot 

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-26670-0-24928600-1519304255.png