Unable to get open NAT on COD WWII and Black Ops III after upgrading to PS4 Pro

Hello. I've recently purchased myself a PS4 Pro so that way I can take advantage of certain PS4 enhanced games that offer higher framerates while playing at 1080p. On my old PS4, I had Open NAT on COD WWII and Black Ops 3, but now I only have Moderate NAT. I have the new PS4 Pro hooked up directly to the NetDuma router and the router is running version 1.03.6g. Due to networking complications with my ISP, Spectrum, I have to use the NetDuma Router as some sort of "Bridge" in order to connect all of my devices, including the PS4 Pro via LAN, to the router that Spectrum provided for me in another room. I cannot use Wi-Fi on the NetDuma as it interferes with the signal provided by Spectrum's router so, that's out of the question.

At this point, I have tried rebuilding the database on the PS4 Pro twice already and both times, it didn't fix the issue. Under the UPnP settings on the NetDuma interface, the required port for Demonware to access the PS4 Pro is showing up with its required ports as seen here: https://gyazo.com/023c51c5c93003f2eca0ad4cbd1fce57

I've also tried to re-assign the Geo-filter to the PS4 Pro from its originally assigned device, the old PS4 named: Playstation 4. (The PS4 Pro is listed as an unnamed device and I was only able to figure out which device was the PS4 Pro by its MAC address which was listed under DHCP Lease.) I tried to enable and disable Boost Mode in the PS4's menu and that too didn't do anything at all. The last thing I tried was to disable the Geo filter for the device and once again, Moderate NAT. Now, I'm redownloading Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered to see if using that game and getting into the game's multiplayer menu will open up my NAT type. (It's going to take all night to finish downloading unfortenately.) The reason why is because I've heard that opening up that game, or COD Ghosts, will open up your NAT type every time it switches to Moderate. (I could be wrong on that though.) Also, when I ran tests on the PS4 to determine the NAT type, it says it's a Type 2, which normally isn't a problem as it usually results in an Open NAT. Why is it not so this case? I have no clue.

If anyone here can help me restore my Open NAT type on these games, that would be great! Also, Port Forwarding is out of the question! It's too complicated and when I did it before, I had to reset my router completely in order to restore internet connectivity for all devices. (Granted, this happened on an older router of mine and not this one, but still.)

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! Thanks for going into detail about what you've tried, that'll be very helpful in solving it.

The console showing a Type 2 NAT is great - that'll mean your other games should play as normal and your console is being properly catered for by UPnP.

If your in-game NAT is Moderate, we usually recommend disabling the Geo-Filter, turning off your console, waiting for the Geo-Filter map to show no hosts / servers on there and then switching on your console. You should only enable the Geo-Filter once you're on the Multiplayer menu of the game.

If the Geo-Filter is disabled, the Netduma acts like any other router would, so if you still have a moderate NAT in-game even after following the steps above then maybe something else is going on. It's possible that the moderate NAT reading is false (for instance, we tend to play games in our office on a moderate NAT since it doesn't make any difference to search times or gameplay if it's a false reading. If your search times / gameplay seems normal then it's likely false).

Also, if you have a blue box on the Netduma device manager then you should put the WAN IP that appears there into the DMZ on your modem interface. DMZ is usually located in Firewall/Security settings on your Internet Service Providers router / modem.

Please let me know how you get on, good luck! :)