Timezone and default blocking device setting?

Hello all,

I just got my XR500 and very excited about the DumaOS! 

However, I cannot find the timezone setting as it's now showing time in GMT. 

Also, I would like the router to default block every new device, the setting could be easily access from previous Netgear routers, but it is so hidden in Duma. I surely do not want to check any new device all the time and block it manually for obvious security reason.

Thanks all! 

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

If you reboot the router it will show the correct time in System Info on the System Information page. The timezone you're talking about is regarding when you would like to schedule blocking. The feature you have asked about is not currently available, a work around would be to block services on all ports for devices in the DHCP range like so:

block.png

Then for trusted devices give them a static IP outside the DHCP range and they will be able to access the internet.

If you reboot the router it will show the correct time in System Info on the System Information page.

I have rebooted the router several times since it was purchased about a month ago, and it has never indicated the correct time on the System Information page or on the time stamp on the Log page.  The time is not consistent between the two locations and both are incorrect.  The System Information page shows GMT and the time stamp on the Log page is two hours off from my local time zone.

• Administrators

I have rebooted the router several times since it was purchased about a month ago, and it has never indicated the correct time on the System Information page or on the time stamp on the Log page.  The time is not consistent between the two locations and both are incorrect.  The System Information page shows GMT and the time stamp on the Log page is two hours off from my local time zone.

Actually looking at it it's based on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). I believe this is required for cloud update rollouts etc. The time doesn't have an affect on any aspect of the router's features. The Schedule block will work based on the time zone you provide it.