Vodafone Netduma Ps4 pes 2018 best setup. Welcome if you can help on the topic

Hi there I'm a vdsl Vodafone broadband customer minium speeds 60dl with 20 up

I've been trying for a long time to get a stable connection with streaming and playing pro evolution soccer 2018 online with esport

I recently purchased nighthawk r7000 along with BT modem with no success

So I purchased the r1 a few days ago and I'm unable to set up to a good standard as I have little knowledge

I have watched YouTube videos from simjc74 but it was suitable for my setup

At the minute my setup is Vodafone connect firmware 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.29 open source software.

Dsl connection vdsl interleaved path

Vodafone router is on with Netduma plugged in

Also I been given a static ip address although I know experience in using it.

I have recently had a engineer out and they tested everything came back okay no problems other than I kept reseting the Vodafone router so the speeds did drop but there picking up now almost at max speeds

When I do speed test on speed test. Net speeds are very slow I don't if it's browser causing the issue of slow speeds as if I test via netgear it will show normal speeds. Using browser I get ping 40 and up download 20-40 upload 1-4 but on psn it will show normal eg 50/10 or netgear 60/17.

R1 software version 1.03.6h on rb-951g-2hnd

RB951G-2HnD

Bt open reach 3b Huawei modem hg612

Netgear nighthawk r7000

I'm playing on a benq monitor rl2455hm

I also have LG 43uj630v za

Ps4 slim

all devices are working okay and been purchased with the year.

Sorry for length of message hope you can help get solid setup to dominate lag for year to come

Need any more information just ask thanks and regards Kingcomic7

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

On your Vodafone router disable it's WiFi & put the Netduma WAN IP found in Device Manager into it's DMZ. This will ensure you have an open NAT on the R1.

When doing a speed test through a browser you should be connected via ethernet as it's more reliable - this may be why the console gets more accurate speeds than your PC.

In Congestion Control you can experiment with the different algorithms but advise setting Anti-Flood to 70% for both download & upload & putting your console in Hyper Traffic. I'm not sure if I've tested with PES but set Geo-Filter to 1000km radius, strict on & ping assist to 0.

Thanks for qwick response

I've had already done the dmz from Vodafone router

And I always do speed test via the cable not wifi that's why I'm a bit confused with that.

I will experiment with the congestion control

So far I found preemptive to work the best so far at time reactive didn't work at all

I have the hyper traffic already on with Ps4 tcp port 80

Device prioritising I will often set the ps4 atleast 75 upto 100

I will reduce my congestion control from 100 to 70 in both and see how that goes

And the geo filter I will change from. 788 to 1000km and 32ms to 0 as you advice. Can I ask why please?

Do you think if I was to use the BT modem with Netduma it would work better? Rather than Vodafone

With deny and allow which ones should I be blocking? So far anything over 50 ping I been denying not sure how this works

Can I still use qos from the Vodafone router?

Do I need forward ports from Vodafone to replicate the ones In Netduma?

And about static ip would this be a better option?

Is there any I can do on profiles?

Do you think you could possibly test pes lite again as its free in the store to play online.

I could really recommend this router to the community if I can find a good balance myself which would be helpful to many gamers.

Thanks again regards

• Administrators

Don't use Hyper Traffic port 80, that is not the port the console uses for game traffic. Use the PlayStation service instead, it encompasses all the ports needed. At 100% Anti-Flood it wasn't being used at all so will definitely see improvement by lowering to 70.

Geo-Filter that will make it a super close connection and therefore a better ping.

Yes I would advise using the BT modem if you can and plugging R1 in directly. It may require PPPoE details which you can enter in Settings > WAN.

You don't need to use deny & allow for standard blocking, that's just for players.

No you don't need to do anything else on the Vodafone router, remove it and use the modem as you suggested.

Static IP isn't necessary.

Profiles just load different settings, you can play around with it if you want to but the settings I gave will be good enough.

Sure I'll check that out as soon as I can.

If I put the BT modem at the minute I'm unable to use its interface as its locked down. Did attempt to flash it but was unable to log in. So wouldn't be able to do dmz.

When I selected the PlayStation network on the hyper traffic it automatically put 80 inside which number should it be there?

Do you think I could increase the anti flood as the psn service such as play now and share play say my speed are low for steaming

Do you think I should undo allow and deny completely? Didn't really understand what you meant. With the players. Did you mean I'm just for eg deny or allowing individual players?

What are your suggestions for the profile so I can be sure didn't see any suggestions on this i don't believe

Regards

• Netduma Staff

There's no need to add it to the DMZ since it's a modem. I'm unsure what you mean about Hyper Traffic, but it doesn't automatically select ports unless you add those ports yourself. You need to select a service for your device, not a port. Do not click advanced.

You shouldn't need to do anything with Allow and Deny either.

Good morning

Was was wondering can you take control with remote to look at my setting

I did try to connect modem but didn't have no luck

It didnt connect to the manual way if getting the ip address etc.. on ping diognostic it was very poor apart from the packets not being lost

I'm still not able to get exceptional ping even when connected to Vodafone router think this would help

Now I'm having the issue of random disconnects over wired connection and all ports are plugged in wires have been checked, is this the Netduma?

Didn't have this issue before also check Vodafone reviews uterus details and it hasn't dropped out in this time

I've not long reset it also and had to redo the settings

Is this the software issue ? Or the mtu or is it the port on router? At first it wasn't doing this.

I get the same message lam cable disconnected

Sorry when I speaking about hyper traffic meant simply that page

How to reset the page with deny and allow?

Also am I speaking to different people as I don't feel I'm getting the answers to some of my questions

Regards

King

• Administrators

Also am I speaking to different people as I don't feel I'm getting the answers to some of my questions 

Apologies if we are missing one of your questions. Your posts are quite long so it would be very helpful if you could the numbered bullet points feature in future, like this:

1. Question 1
  2. Question 2
  3. Question 3

To make sure nothing is missed from your last post, I have quoted each question

Was was wondering can you take control with remote to look at my setting

If we need to arrange a 1-1 we will, but let's see if we can resolve your issues first.

I did try to connect modem but didn't have no luck. It didnt connect to the manual way if getting the ip address etc.. on ping diognostic it was very poor apart from the packets not being lost

Can you explain exactly what the problem is here. Is it that you are connecting your Netduma to your modem and it is giving you a high ping according to the Netduma internet diagnostic tool? If yes, please rerun this test and then copy and paste your 'Show Details' results in here so we can take a closer look

Now I'm having the issue of random disconnects over wired connection and all ports are plugged in wires have been checked, is this the Netduma? 

Didn't have this issue before also check Vodafone reviews uterus details and it hasn't dropped out in this time 
I've not long reset it also and had to redo the settings 

Is this the software issue ? Or the mtu or is it the port on router? At first it wasn't doing this. 

It could be your ISP, it could be a problem with the cable or it could be the Netduma. If you could do the step I asked above (paste your 'show details' results) we can take a closer look

Sorry when I speaking about hyper traffic meant simply that page 

OK

How to reset the page with deny and allow? 

Why do you want to do this? Are you worried you are blocking a connection? If so, click on each one in the 'red' section and change their rating percentage to 100%. The only way to make this page to be empty again is a factory reset.

1.how to improve the ping?

2.do you have a guide so I can set up with just modem?

3.have you guys tested the free version of the game pes, 2018 lite?

4.PES is peer to peer should I be doing manual setup on the game with ports and manual Internet settings on psn along with ports?

5.can I post results to email?

Reason why I wanted to change deny and allow is because you guys said I didn't need to use it.

I will forward the results of modem to repair uterus once I have the correct setup as it didn't work last time

Im not very experienced in this would greatly appreciate for you guys to step with remote control.

Prefer the quoted way much better.

Thanks again

• Administrators

1.how to improve the ping?

Do you mean your base ping or your ping to the game? From what I understand above, you are concerned about your base ping (to the ISP). If this is what you mean, then we need your details to help further.

If you mean to the game, this guide will help you get everything setup: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000023979-optimal-settings-guide

2.do you have a guide so I can set up with just modem?

Your quickstart guide explains this. You just need to connect an ethernet cable from your modem into port 1 of your Netduma R1. 

3.have you guys tested the free version of the game pes, 2018 lite? 

4.PES is peer to peer should I be doing manual setup on the game with ports and manual Internet settings on psn along with ports? 

We have tested PES before, not the free version but it should work the same. The best settings would be:

• Add your PS4 to the Geo-Filter and select 'Playstation Network' as the service
  • Enable the Geo-Filter, set your home location near your home and a radius that covers 1000km - 2000km. This will mean you won't play others who live far away from you, meaning your connection will be much better
  • Set Anti-flood to 70% for both download and upload
  • Add your PS4 to your Hyper Lane, again choose 'Playstation Network' as the service

5.can I post results to email? 

Sure - it won't contain personal information, but if you prefer please send to [email protected]

Reason why I wanted to change deny and allow is because you guys said I didn't need to use it.

I see, there's no need to reset anything here. We just meant you shouldn't need to add anything to this to solve your issues

I will forward the results of modem to repair uterus once I have the correct setup as it didn't work last time 

Thanks

Im not very experienced in this would greatly appreciate for you guys to step with remote control. 

No problem - see how you get on with the steps above. If this does not solve your problem we will setup a 1-1 with an engineer who will setup your router for you

Prefer the quoted way much better. 

Awesome! Thanks for using bullet points this time, was much easier to go through

I think it would be best for you guys to take over as I've tried the above that you suggested didn't work having a real hard time trying to find a good balance with Netduma and modem

1. Yes ment both from isp so which further details do you need

I will attempt again to connect modem with Netduma

Yea I don't mind you changing it.

1.Was wondering could you look at the pc setup to see if anything you can see which maybe effecting things regarding the overall connection

2. could you run some test on the pc speed ping etc

Thanks will try this tho

S

Thanks for the post on WiFi don't think nome of this applies to me.

Is it possible to connect the nighthawk WiFi and use there WiFi instead?

• Administrators

I looked at settings overall and made adjustments, should be optimal now. 

WiFi at least I know you could change to PSK2, change channel and disable wifi workaround. 

Yes you can, see my post in other topic on how to do so.

• 3 weeks later...

1.Hi there I made the adjustment on the laptop to improve speeds. It doesn't seem to have changed much. I'm still getting the 19 ms ping on the diognostic

Games feel unresponsive or slow

Games either can not be found or take to long

2.Can I speak with person that tested because I'm finding it twice as hard to get this up and running

3.Seems I have connected the WiFi router but on the Netduma it shows my mobile is separate from WiFi router which is strange it has the red line go to Netduma but WiFi router doesn't

4.The other thing was avoiding lag compensation and being stil be able to play. Has this been tested as I don't optimum is going to work on both preemptive and reactive.

And reducing speeds to low makes the PlayStation streaming services unplayable

5.The other thing is share excess wouldn't it be to limit the ps4 completely for stability

How much does it use or need?

Is it possible some can help me as I'm struggling

Thanks