Best setting for destiny 2 game

Hey I am been using netgear xr500 for a week now and it is work great. I just want to see of anyone have a good setting for destiny 2 because I play some game no lag and few game so lag that my shot are delay. I used destiny 2 profile setting under geo filter and try both filter and spectator mode.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you're enjoying the router. 

That's great, keep using the Destiny profile on the Geo-Filter and make sure it is set to Filtering Mode as that will ensure you get the best game possible.

On the QoS page have Anti-Bufferbloat set to 'Always' with both the download & upload sliders set to 70% each, that will ensure that you do not experience any local congestion. Then scroll down the page and ensure that DumaOS Classified Games is enabled with any other manual rules removed. You could also give your consoles more upload bandwidth under Bandwidth Allocation, games require much less than 1mbps so as long as you allocate about that to the console it won't have any issue.

• Administrators

Ok I will try to do that. Also I need to delete my ps4 under traffic prioritization because the router automatic detect when I am playing my game? Thank for the help.

Yes with DumaOS Classified Games enabled that also includes consoles so it will automatically prioritise it so you don't need to have your Playstation manually added.

• Administrators

Since the new hotfix in destiny 2 on tuesday for the launch of crimson days , i started to notice a "new host in UK" as soon as I launch the game. What it this ? Anyone notice the same thing ?

ID : 853329f4d024878c

TRACE     central US then Seattle (bungie HQ)

attachicon.gifNew host UK bungie.png

Hi, please can you make this post in the General Support forum as you're using the R1.

• 5 months later...

is this for Destiny2  on pc or console , im thinking Xr500 only works best for console games , considering peer to peer is morely on console then pc ? because i had my filtering set for d2 in australia and got someone in america hosting

• Administrators

is this for Destiny2  on pc or console , im thinking Xr500 only works best for console games , considering peer to peer is morely on console then pc ? because i had my filtering set for d2 in australia and got someone in america hosting

Hi Jarra - i responded to you in your other thread.