Geo-Filter with Ping Assist & Strict Mode

Below is my understanding of these features.  Please let me know if I have them wrong.

Geo-Filter:  geographical filter that limits hosts & players to this area.  I have been reading the forums and I have seen conflicting information that says that it only limits hosts and others have stated that it limits both.  Does it limit hosts, players or both?

Ping Assist: Ping assist is for players/hosts that have a ping lower than the PA limit that is outside the geo-filter assuming that the strict mode is disabled.  PA is not applied within the geo-filter.

Strict Mode:  Limit search to geo-filter area only and do not use PA.

Is there a way to have ping assist work within the geo-filter too for extra filtering?

• Netduma Staff

GeoFilter will limit just hosts for CoD. For games like destiny it also limits players. It depends on the game :)

Ping assist allows any hosts outside of your GeoFilter in that are below the set ping.

Strict mode enabled means only hosts within the GeoFilter or Ping assist value will connect. With it disabled you can connect to dedicated servers outside of the GeoFilter range.

Not sure if you have seen it but there is some info on the Wiki about these features :) http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=user_manual#host_filtering

And for your last question do you mean so that you will only connect to hosts less than the Ping assist regardless on the GeoFilter range?

GeoFilter will limit just hosts for CoD. For games like destiny it also limits players. It depends on the game :)

Ping assist allows any hosts outside of your GeoFilter in that are below the set ping.

Strict mode enabled means only hosts within the GeoFilter or Ping assist value will connect. With it disabled you can connect to dedicated servers outside of the GeoFilter range.

Not sure if you have seen it but there is some info on the Wiki about these features :) http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=user_manual#host_filtering

And for your last question do you mean so that you will only connect to hosts less than the Ping assist regardless on the GeoFilter range?

Thank you for the clarifications.  I mean is it possible to have ping assist apply to hosts within the geo-filter for a more restrictive play.  For example, the host would have to be within the geo-filter range AND ping would be less than the PA limit.

One more question:  Does it still limit hosts if I am in a party and not the party leader?

• Netduma Staff

Thank you for the clarifications.  I mean is it possible to have ping assist apply to hosts within the geo-filter for a more restrictive play.  For example, the host would have to be within the geo-filter range AND ping would be less than the PA limit.

Thats not possible, no. You can run it off only ping assist but not as you described :)

• Netduma Staff

Thank you.  Does it still limit hosts if I am in a party but not the party leader?

Not very well. Not sure about other games but on AW it kicks everyone out of the matchmaking into a normal lobby and gives an error saying that a part member was disconnected. That was what happened last time I tried it anyway :)

• Administrators

You should be party leader if you have your Geo-Filter enabled.

You can achieve what you wanted, but we don't recommend it however quite a few users prefer it. Basically move your home to the ocean reduce the size so it covers no land. Then only the ping assisted hosts will be allowed through. 

Archived