Greetings from sunny Bahrain

Hi folks,

My primary reason for selecting the R1 is for streaming TV.

I have an ISP-provided Huawei router (yes, they're crap aren't they), and to give myself whole house coverage I use an Amplifi mesh network with the router and two nodes.

I've tried the Velop, Eero and Google Wifi as well, but with all four I still get quite a drop in bandwidth compared to going natively through the Huawei, so I thought I'd see what the R1 does if I put that between the Huawei and the Amplifi.

If anyone else has a configuration like this, I'd love to hear about it.

Otherwise I look forward to hanging out with fellow R1 users.

Cheers,

Harry

• Netduma Staff

Hi folks,

My primary reason for selecting the R1 is for streaming TV.

I have an ISP-provided Huawei router (yes, they're crap aren't they), and to give myself whole house coverage I use an Amplifi mesh network with the router and two nodes.

I've tried the Velop, Eero and Google Wifi as well, but with all four I still get quite a drop in bandwidth compared to going natively through the Huawei, so I thought I'd see what the R1 does if I put that between the Huawei and the Amplifi.

If anyone else has a configuration like this, I'd love to hear about it.

Otherwise I look forward to hanging out with fellow R1 users.

Cheers,

Harry

Hi, welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask if you have any questions or issues, we're happy to help :)

• Administrators

Hi, and welcome! I'm jealous of your climate right now. It's freezing here in the UK.

So I assume you're streaming via wireless? The question is what is causing your streaming problem either the WiFI or your internet connection. The R1 can definitely help with the latter although it won't be good on the wireless in comparison to amplfi and the other products you mentioned. Have you still got those? If so I'd recommend putting them behind the R1 and connecting through them. Let the R1 take care of your Internet connection :)