Ping Plotter Quick Guide

Zennon

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Alibackrow said:

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing consistently with every test. What can be done about a congested line?

If congestion is on your local network (in your home), the best thing to do is use our QoS to solve the problem. See this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Lajkasir said:

What’s the diffrence between pinging with pingplotter or cmd ? I always checking my ping with cmd ”ping 8.8.8.8 -t” ? 😛 

Pingplotter's just a touch easier and gives you handy graphs to check your ping spikes / jitter etc over time :)

• 4 weeks later...

hye everybody

je vous laisse une image de mon ping plotter sans qqos au debut du tracé puis je l'ai activé à 21h05 en laissant mes barres à 100 dans un premier temps pour voir l'éfficacité4018610_pingplotternetdumafibre.thumb.PNG.059b56c8a4eae5dceb7800620f6dc7e2.PNG

pingplotter barre 100 and with qos.PNG

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

At 100% it is essentially off, you have to lower it to activate it.

Do you recommend that I lower my bars with the same values (70/70 or 60/60) or less until the most stable line possible?

On 3/27/2019 at 7:15 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That is very good, even with the spike it's not huge! I'd say keep 70/70 as an option to fall back on but see if you can experiment more to eliminate that spike.

merci fraser

j 'essaie mais ce n'est pas facile du tout de trouver le top du top... Je te tiens au courant

• 6 months later...

Hi to all! 

Can anyone help me with this? I ran the ping plotter and as you can see on the photo my line is not very stable. I have the anti blufferboat at 70% and I tried also at 60%.  I toke this picture when I played call of duty and I had other device to ran like Apple TV. 

Best regards!!

826B8960-8AD9-43DB-BC75-25347554DF80.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi to all! 

Can anyone help me with this? I ran the ping plotter and as you can see on the photo my line is not very stable. I have the anti blufferboat at 70% and I tried also at 60%.  I toke this picture when I played call of duty and I had other device to ran like Apple TV. 

Best regards!!

826B8960-8AD9-43DB-BC75-25347554DF80.jpeg

Go back on there and do it again. Start at like 90 and work your way down until you line is as flat as can be.  I bring a notepad and write down my numbers let it go for like 5 mins and move my slider again until I find the best setting. Depending on your upload speed I wouldn't go past probably 60. I have 10 upload and I have mine at 60. Like mine is set at 52 down/ 60 up. Also make sure your pinging something fairly close to you like a news station or something in your state. Hope this helps you out!

16 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Go back on there and do it again. Start at like 90 and work your way down until you line is as flat as can be.  I bring a notepad and write down my numbers let it go for like 5 mins and move my slider again until I find the best setting. Depending on your upload speed I wouldn't go past probably 60. I have 10 upload and I have mine at 60. Like mine is set at 52 down/ 60 up. Also make sure your pinging something fairly close to you like a news station or something in your state. Hope this helps you out!

What he said!

It's about finding the highest slider position that results in a stable ping.

Once you've done that, you can set it so that it only activates when it detects that you're gaming.

Hi guys!!

thank for your reply’s!!! So... I came to home and I have my PS4 to play call of duty, my Apple TV play Netflix, my iPad streaming from a camera and the results on ping plotter are so good!!!! The only thing that I did it was to increase the on the QoS the percent that going to PS4. Can be this is the problem  that I saw yesterday?

best regards!!!

83B500C3-37AC-4DED-B596-FDFA46C1CAB3.jpeg

I'm glad you got a setting that works well for you.

Now you could set the anti-bufferbloat to only activate when high priority traffic is detected. Make sure that the High Priority Traffic light turns on when the PS4 is being played, and if it doesn't, you can manually add the device to the Traffic Prioritization menu using the Games Console preset.

• 10 months later...

Is this good or bad and how do I fix?  i'm not to familiar with networking, just a gamer trying to get better latency and speeds. 

By the looks of the original post, this is bad? 

Ping Plot.png

2 minutes ago, Joev24 said:

Is this good or bad and how do I fix?  i'm not to familiar with networking, just a gamer trying to get better latency and speeds. 

By the looks of the original post, this is bad? 

Ping Plot.png

Here is another 

20200816_143348.jpg

• Administrators

You really want to focus on that bottom graph and getting that as smooth as possible. You could definitely do some improvement. Under what circumstances where these done e.g. were lots of devices using the internet, QoS on/off? 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You really want to focus on that bottom graph and getting that as smooth as possible. You could definitely do some improvement. Under what circumstances where these done e.g. were lots of devices using the internet, QoS on/off? 

Yes one xbox was connected, several phones and Sling is streaming on Amazon FireTV

QOS is on and set to 70 down and up