Ping Plotter Quick Guide

Zennon

yeah great post i have tried to use ping plotter downloaded a few times which does not work on osx platform even though they have osx listed    anyone else have this as i would like to try pp.

• 4 weeks later...

These are my Ping plotter graphs. Very little difference on mine...?  Dunno what that weird drop was about right in the middle of top graph ? Clicking the red triangle below it states BBC changed IP address ...?

Im with BT Infinity 2 (60Mbps DL, 13Mbps UL) , Unlocked HG612 Openreach Modem.

1. With QoS turned OFF (or, equivalent to sliders being at 100%)

pingplotter1-_Qo_S-_OFF.jpg

2. With QoS turned ON (sliders at 85% each)

pingplotter1-_Qo_S-_On.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is my ping plotter graph during a (PES) online game (sliders on 100/100(? Anybody knows what you can read from it?

@Kingcomic7

Many thanks!

Ping_Plotter_online_match.png

And this is one with sliders (50/50):

Ping_Plotter_online_match2.png

Update: I discovered that the peaks are not created by the position of the sliders. They come up when other streaming devices like e.g. Amazon Prime or Netflix are turned on. 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, hellfish89 said:

This is my ping plotter graph during a (PES) online game (sliders on 100/100(? Anybody knows what you can read from it?

@Kingcomic7

Many thanks!

Ping_Plotter_online_match.png

And this is one with sliders (50/50):

Ping_Plotter_online_match2.png

Update: I discovered that the peaks are not created by the position of the sliders. They come up when other streaming devices like e.g. Amazon Prime or Netflix are turned on. 

Hi Hellfish - could you start a new topic for your issue please. Could you include information on your QoS (Congestion Control) settings, as well as your total bandwidth etc. Thanks.

• Netduma Staff

Generally just typing in the model of your modem with 'Puma 6' after it will tell you if your modem has a Puma 6 chipset, since there's always people talking about it. I looked into the Fritzbox 7580 and I don't think it has a Puma 6. You'd be able to tell due to the amount of complaints in their technical support forums :) 

• Administrators

C'est un peu haut et en bas mais en général ça va. Votre ping est également très faible, donc cela ne devrait pas vous causer beaucoup de problèmes.

It's a bit up and down but generally it is okay. Your ping is also very low so It shouldn't think this would cause you many issues at all.

Both tests were done with 1GB internet speeds from Comcast. Hardwired speedtest yields roughly 600 mb/s download and 41 upload HARDWIRED and 380-400 mb/s download and 41 upload on 5GHZ WiFi. Devices used: Netgear CM 1000 modem and Nighthawk XR500 router. Only 1 device was connected running this ping plotter test and no other devices or applications were using the internet connection during these tests.

-his is with my internet hardwired from my Router to my laptop. CAT7 ethernet cable 

jeLdaKcbYnJ.png

This is with 5GHZ channel WiFi from my laptop. Distance from Laptop to Router is 4 feet with no walls or obstructions. 

4S6VspsZdPa.png

• Netduma Staff

Your line is looking pretty steady, you've only got probably 5ms jitter on those tests. Those red lines are probably indicative of the host changing or something like that - it's way too regular to actually be packet loss. Only a couple of spikes on the WiFi test too. You're looking good to me :)

You have packet loss on the destination, to rule in out the Google server I would try twitter.com.

You need to be testing using cable and definitely gaming with Ethernet also the packet loss could be down to using Wifi.