Firmware Version Info - Didn't Update

Hello,

I updated to the most recent firmware (V2.1.0.6) for my XR500.  However, in the "System Info" window it's still reporting that I'm on (V2.1.0.4).  I did a manual upgrade of the firmware by downloading it from the Netgear website, doing a hard reset on the router, installed the new firmware and than doing another hard reset of the router, after the firmware update completed.  

The new firmware is running fine and I even checked the logs.  The logs confirm that I installed the latest version [initialized, firmware version: V2.1.0.6] Thursday, February 08, 2018 19:56:19.

I checked the forums and didn't see anyone else with this issue but wanted to see if this can be fixed currently or if it will be resolved with the next firmware update.

Thanks for any info on this.

• Administrators

Hi cboy, welcome to the forum! 

That's a very minor issue as you have found, we have had this issue before, which we believed was permanently fixed. I have let the developers know that you have experienced it again though so we will look into it further. Meanwhile if you clear your browser cache like Dilly suggested that will make it show the correct version.

Thanks Fraser and Dilly, that did fix my issue.  It was a minor issue that didn't affect performance in any way.  

For future firmware upgrades would it be wise to hard reset the router before and after firmware installation?  Not sure if it's necessary with NetDuma's OS but I've traditionally just done that with prior routers.

• Administrators

Thanks Fraser and Dilly, that did fix my issue.  It was a minor issue that didn't affect performance in any way.  

For future firmware upgrades would it be wise to hard reset the router before and after firmware installation?  Not sure if it's necessary with NetDuma's OS but I've traditionally just done that with prior routers.

Great to hear that. No it's not necessary to do that with the XR500 but there is no harm doing so if you want to do so for peace of mind sake.