Geo-Filter issue

I followed Sim's YouTube video on the xr500 to setup the router from the start. I have the ps4 set and checked on a dmz. The IP does match the same as the PS4 and the address is reserved. Really I'm at a loss here as what to do other than go back to my nighthawk x10. Which kinda sucks as the potential here is great.

• Administrators

I followed Sim's YouTube video on the xr500 to setup the router from the start. I have the ps4 set and checked on a dmz. The IP does match the same as the PS4 and the address is reserved. Really I'm at a loss here as what to do other than go back to my nighthawk x10. Which kinda sucks as the potential here is great.

Could you try this please

1. Set your mode to 'spectating mode'
  2. Invite your friend
  3. If they can connect, click on their icon and allow as per the steps above
  4. If they cannot connect, it is not the Geo-Filter causing an issue. Instead it will probably be NAT. Could you check your NAT status on your PS4 (if it's open it should be type 2). If your DMZ is setup correctly it should be open.

• Administrators

PS4 Nat type 2. It was the first thing I checked actually and have kept checking to make sure I was not missing that simple thing. Also spectating was set too. I'd be happy to take pics and send of any screens you'd like to see.

That would be helpful, thank you. If we are unable to spot the cause then we'll need to set up a 1-1 with Fraser (our lead test engineer) so we can dig into this deeper. Hopefully we can fix it by looking at the screenshots though.

• Administrators

Is it possible to send privately. That would be more comfortable

No problem - could you private message my account and Netduma Fraser as well. Thanks.