DMZ router to modem?

ViciousSavag3

once i Dmz the router to the Modem what are THE BEST settings to have on it?

like should i still have UNPN  enabled or unticked? and is it good to have ipv6 Disabled if its not necessary or how do i know if it is or not necessary?

can anyone please HELP me with thiis would gladly appreciate it guys thank you 

Ipersonally use upnp as that is the easiest method to bet an open nat but some would rather use port forwarding. Which router do you have, the R1 or the NH XR500?

B.D

i have the R1. so at longist u have UPNP enabled u dont have to DMZ the router to the Modem?

You should put the R1s WAN IP in your modems DMZ and enable UPnP on the R1 to make sure you get an open NAT. Disable IPv6 in LAN WAN and Miscellaneous.

i have the R1. so at longist u have UPNP enabled u dont have to DMZ the router to the Modem?

I take it when you talk about your modem it is a modem/router and not a standard basic modem!!!!!  As Pollutionblues says above input your R1 wan ip address into the DMZ of your modem/router, enable upnp on the R1 BUT DISABLE UPNP ON THE MODEM/ROUTER or you will have conflicts.

B.D

• Netduma Staff

awsome thank u so much for the help guys really appreciate it.. and this would be one of the best setups to have it on for sending the right info to the Console

Yeh that's right - the suggestions above are for probably the best setup you can have for console gaming. All of this is to secure an open NAT in-game and on the console and ensure ports are being forwarded correctly. If you have an open NAT then you've done all of this correctly :D