upnp or portfowarding and sponging bullets

Jettman

Hi guys I was just wondering in you opinion, what do you think is better to use upnp or port forwarding. I have an open Nat when I use either option but I wanted your guys opinion and would anyone know I a port that could potentially get me better hit reg and not sponging bullets so much or I shoot first, die first. my home speed connection wired: 10ms, 96down.37up. I don't get why I don't get really good hit detection. cat 7 cables. Help would be fantastic. I'm hoping someone can find my solution.  

You wont see any improvement in hit reg or sponging bullets using port forwarding over UPnP or vice versa. As long as you have an open NAT I'd stick with UPnP. Problems with hit reg / sponging bullets is normally down to other people in your lobby with poor connections, unless you have any issues with your line. You can check your line by running internet diagnostics from the Duma or for a more in depth test of your line you could download PingPlotter,

10ms ping is great but it also depends on the distance to a gaming server. I would run a pingplotter test to check theres no issue with your line also.

I use upnp as it opens the ports automatically. I have used port forwarding on ps4 as theres only 3 ports used 9307-8 and 3074,  Sorry but theres no magic port number to stop sponging.

B.D

Agreed with above, if you're getting an open NAT using UPnP then I'd go with that.

If you can't get an open NAT,then manually PF just make sure you untick UPnP,so just use one or the other.

10ms ping is great but it also depends on the distance to a gaming server. I would run a pingplotter test to check theres no issue with your line also.

I use upnp as it opens the ports automatically. I have used port forwarding on ps4 as theres only 3 ports used 9307-8 and 3074,  Sorry but theres no magic port number to stop sponging.

B.D

so do u use upnup and portfowarding

• Netduma Staff

so do u use upnup and portfowarding

Just to clarify, Big Dog said he used Port Forwarding in the past, but now he's using UPnP. I'd also recommend using UPnP.

As PollutionBlues said, there's no advantage in terms of latency of doing so. UPnP is just an easier, automatic solution to get an open NAT. If your NAT is already open, you can't improve your gameplay through UPnP or Port Forwarding any more than you have.