Chat/ connection lag

1. For whatever reason my party chat is lagging for the players in my party. Before I installed my new xr500 I didn't have this issue on the R1. They tell me I'm cutting in and out. No issues with my Astros. Double checked with another headset. Same issue.

2. Even when my Geo filter is open to the entire US to allow my NY and California friends to all be in the filtered range it drops the party saying I lost connection to another player.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum! We'll get your issue sorted don't worry.

Usually chat issues like that come down to NAT so please double check that you have an open NAT if not take a look at this link on how to get it open. It could also occur if your device is not getting enough bandwidth - the most likely cause of this is having given your device an allocated bandwidth amount, disabled share excess and then lowered anti-bufferbloat. Could you provide us a screenshot of your QoS page settings please?

Make sure you have the Geo-Filter zoomed out, your friends may appear mislocated on the Geo-Filter Map and therefore you could be blocking them with your radius. Invite your friends into the game 1 by 1. Then when they appear on the map click their icon and allow them.

• Administrators

Yes please PM me your TeamViewer ID & Pass. 

If you don't have TeamViewer you can download it from here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/then install, once installed open the program and should show you an ID & password, that's what I need.

All you need to do to fix that problem is disable the SIP ALG in your wan settings on the XR500. After you disable it, power cycle all of your equipment and you should be good to go.

If you pull up the question mark on that page it clearly tells you that if your having trouble with chat feature to disable it...

• Administrators

All you need to do to fix that problem is disable the SIP ALG in your wan settings on the XR500. After you disable it, power cycle all of your equipment and you should be good to go.

If you pull up the question mark on that page it clearly tells you that if your having trouble with chat feature to disable it...

That wasn't the issue in the end, the host of the party chat needed to be allowed but great spot! oppie if you have the issue again please try this suggestion.